• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Work in Progress Rock Garden

Started by JohnP, April 30, 2012, 01:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Still have a long way to go from what it was before the fire.

But the new one will be twice as big and hopefully more colorful.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FinsnFur

Looking real good John. :congrats:
I cant wait to see pics again of the visitors it brings :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Looks like the garden is headed in the right direction.  In the first picture there is a yellow sign showing.  I am not real sure, but the best that I can tell it says Border Crossing.  Maybe that is the reason you are getting "night visitors".   :wink:

Jerry

FinsnFur

Yeah, for gods sake John lose the sign :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

iahntr

Scott

possumal

Mighty fine, John P.  That rock garden is coming along fine.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

Looking good John. How long did it take the trees to grow before the fire? Did you plant the same kind again?

JohnP

Jim, I think it will be a year or two before we see critters like we use to.  Since the fire we have not seen any javelina, bear, lion, coati’s and only one coyote and that was just a couple of days ago.  Very rarely do we see any deer.  Most of all the songbirds are back and the dove are very abundant.  Our large covies of quail are nonexistent.  We have gone from a couple hundred birds down to two males and one female.   We are now just starting to see cottontails and no jacks.  Took this picture yesterday, just for you.

HaMeR

It's great to see you getting back out & fixing the garden back up Mr. John!! I may be a 1000 miles away but it sure looks darn good from here!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Quote from: JohnP on May 02, 2012, 05:26:19 PM
Jim, I think it will be a year or two before we see critters like we use to. 
Took this picture yesterday, just for you.

Ahhhhhhhh yeah, thats what I'm talking about! :congrats: he knew where to come for some fresh greens and a little shade :eyebrownod:
I appreciate it. That pic will nurture me for a little while, but not for ever :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 30, 2012, 07:42:58 AM
Looks like the garden is headed in the right direction.  In the first picture there is a yellow sign showing.  I am not real sure, but the best that I can tell it says Border Crossing.  Maybe that is the reason you are getting "night visitors".   :wink:

Jerry

Jerry I replaced that sign with this one.

Ed I'll answer your question about the trees later today.

Hawks Feather

Now that one I like!   :biggrin:

Jerry

Modified:  This darn computer seems to think it knows best.  I clicked the  :biggrin: icon and my computer put a space in that changed it to  :big grin: which is not quite the same.

JohnP

Ed, if you look at that first picture in this thread that is before the fire.  This is after the fire, same area. 

Most of the trees are gone and the remainder are badly burnt and/or in various stages of dying.   All are old, old, white oaks and mesquite.I will not be replacing any of them until after the monsoon.  The reason being that they may come back to life, some are showing bits of green, also the root system of these older trees will help in and mud slides and/or erosion â€" I hope.   I have panted a dozen or so pines along the dry wash to help in any flooding.  Have also sandbagged the banks of the wash and am in the process of covering them with boulders.  Not only should this help in any flooding situation but I can use it for a fortified firing position when the Mexicans invade.