• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Frogman goes diving #1 . . .

Started by Frogman, July 22, 2012, 07:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Guys here are some photos from my recent trip to Capt. Don's Habitat on the island of Bonaire.  I had a group of 17 join me this year for some great diving on Bonaire.  Hope you guys enjoy the pictures.

Our group shirt was red this year.

The shore diving is really good at Habitat.  We enter the water from this small dock in about 10 feet of water.  The bottom gradually slopes out to the beginning of the reef in about 40 feet of water.

This rope is attached to the piling of the dock and extends down to a depth of 130 feet at the bottom of the reef.  The rope is known as the "Diver's Highway" and makes navigating this area very easy.  We enter from the dock, follow the rope out to the reef, descend down to our dive depth of 40 to 100 feet and turn either left or right and proceed with the dive.  When we have used half our air we ascend to a shallower depth and swim back to the rope, then follow it back to the dock!!

A grunt.

A spotted moray.

Queen angelfish.

Two tarpon.

Rock beauty.

Scorpion fish.

Frogman and tube sponges.

Too many photos in one post seem to lock up my computer so I will continue this album in "Frogman goes diving #2"

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

FinsnFur

That sure is interesting.
What kind of camera you using down there?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

Jim,

Thanks for the nice coments.   Camera is a small Nikon Coolpix 11 digital  in an Ikelite waterproof housing with Ikelite substrobe.  I took lots of pictures, and believe me they didn't all come out so nice.  Lots of fish tails that don't make the F&F posts??

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

coyote101

Wonderful pictures Jim, looks like you had another great trip. I always enjoy the photos after your annual dive journey. Thanks for posting.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HaMeR

Glad you made it thru OK Jim!! You have me hooked too. I always enjoy the pics you share with us from your annual dive!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

linemansteve

Great pic's Jim always enjoy them.  Steve
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.