Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I would love to, but the knee is still not to the place where I think I should be trying to drag a deer.  The corn is coming off around here and when that is done there will be a bunch taken.  Right now most are getting some does for the freezer.

Jerry

Okanagan

error deleted

Hawks Feather

Way to go Dave.  Looks like it is about as cold there as it was here today.

Jerry

HuntnCarve

Thanks Jerry!  The day before my hands and feet were cold?  Today it was warm?   :wo:  Goofy weather in these parts?  I was swatting mosquitoes while I was dressing this buck out.  Got him all butchered except for the burger grinding.  The freezer is filling nicely.  - Until our son comes home?  Seems venison has a way of vanishing when he's around? :holdon:

Dave

Okanagan

Hawks Feather

Quote from: HuntnCarve on November 02, 2017, 07:07:14 PM
The freezer is filling nicely.  - Until our son comes home?  Seems venison has a way of vanishing when he's around? :holdon:
Dave

Some things seem to never change.  We don't have the venison in the freezer but Becky always seems to send home some frozen meat with the girls.

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: HuntnCarve on November 02, 2017, 07:07:14 PM
Thanks Jerry!  The day before my hands and feet were cold?  Today it was warm?   :wo:  Goofy weather in these parts?  I was swatting mosquitoes while I was dressing this buck out.  Got him all butchered except for the burger grinding.  The freezer is filling nicely.  - Until our son comes home?  Seems venison has a way of vanishing when he's around? :holdon:

Dave

Venison is what powers such a genius math brain!  You are doing the world a public service by feeding him organic deer meat without growth hormones.

JohnP

That's a great buck Dave congratulations.  I stopped bowhunting many many years ago and never did kill a coues with one.  Had I been born an indian 200 years ago I would have starved to death.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Thanks John and the rest of you fellas!   John, I used a crossbow on this buck.  So I think you would have faired pretty well if you were so equipped 200 years ago.  I switched over to crossbow years back when PA allowed them to be used. 

Dave

FinsnFur

Ahhhh yah! Thats a nice looking one. Nicely job Dave an Dave :congrats:
Thanks for sharing it
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dave

Congrats on a nice buck, Dave.
The rut is really kicking in gear around here - hoping to get out a few times this week.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

tripnasty84

ive been out since opening day here in September, probably about 20+ different days, havent killed a thing but some ticks. been hunting the neighboring state WMA hard, sometimes only scouted, ive seen hundreds of rubs and scrapes, dozens of nice shooter bucks, just havent gotten anything in range. well... almost. had a 8 point walk up within 20 yards while i was taking a leak, of course. and had a nice black bear about 40 yards just after sun down. now im on the trail of a massive 8+ pointer that i stumbled on last saturday. heres a handful of pics. sorry, no pics of deer just yet

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

coyote101

Nice buck, Dave.  :congrats: You gotta love a crossbow.  :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FinsnFur

Looks like some big deer leavin marks in there tripnasty
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Dave

Here's a pic of Dante's buddy, Brady.

He took his hunters safety course just this year after becoming friends with Dante.  His father used to hunt, but stopped i guess when he got married.  Anyway, Dante and I have been mentoring him throughout this archery season and HuntnCarve brought down an extra crossbow he has for Brady to use. He shot this 8 pointer out of the same stand HnC usually hunts behind my house.  Said it was almost under him and as he was swinging the x-bow around it clanked against the stand.  It ran off 80 or so yards.  He said he could see it and grunted.  It moved a little closer.  5 min later he grunted and again he moved closer.  Said this went on several times and he shot it at 15 yards.  Needless to say he was PSYCHED.  I received a text,   I SHOT A BUCK!   Told him to wait in the stand til I got there (he didn't see it go down) We tracked it about 80 yards.
Anyway, I think he's hooked on the sport now.

Okanagan

Good for you!  You know that you are mentoring that young man in way more than deer hunting.

Great photo and top notch story.