• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Possumal's Jango

Started by possumal, October 18, 2009, 11:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

Introducing Possumal's Jango, an Austrailian Sheepdog pup who acts like he could be a good companion and he hates the coyotes just naturally.  He'll bark at their smell right now and is smart as can be.  I hope he works out as I may outcross him with a cur or a small airedale type breed.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

weedwalker

Good lookin' pup Al. Those are smart dogs. :yoyo:

Wolfwoman

Purty baby!!! And he'll outsmart you if ya let him!! lol
If it can be made from fur I can make it!!

Send me a fur and I will made you a hat or mitts for $50

FinsnFur

Oh we all do that Wolfwoman, he's used to it. :laf:

:wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

possumal

You wish, Jimbo, head of the smart arse club.  :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:  Coyotes have been doing it for years, but I realize it which helps get a bunch of them graveyard dead.  :biggrin:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Yotehntr

:laf:  Can I be a member to Jim??? LOL Great looking pup Al!
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

JohnP

Nice looking pup possumal.  Several of the ranches that I call on uses them and the ranchers swear they are better than most of the cowboys that hire on. 

P.S.  Our Dobbie had us trained in no time. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Bopeye

Surely you wouldn't ruin a good Australian Shepherd line by crossing them on a cur or Airdale.  :doh2:

My dad had one when I was a kid and she was smart and very protective of the family. Some even called her "vicious" when it came to protecting us.

I owned a Blue Heeler which is related to the Australian Shepherds and she was smart as a whip too.

You should have you a good dog there. I like her leperd coloring.  :wink:

Are one or both of her eyes blue? A lot of them come with blue or partially blue eyes, gives them a crazy, pretty look.  :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

I really didn't use the exact correct term when making the post.  Jango is a miniature Australian Sheepdog, but the write up on the breed says not to sell them short on heart and ability.  I probably won't cross breed him, but will most likely buy a top bred female that will work as a mate for him.  He is extremely well bred, and good genetics including a good bred female to breed him to should produce. Like produces like, etc.  I made a drag toy out of just the boney part of a coyote tail, and threaded pieces of fur down the tail to make something that looks like an animal I have been fortunate enough to never see.  I'll make a standing bet right here and now that if anybody reading this can take a 10 feet head start, dragging my "Creation" on a string, and outrun Jango for 40 more feet, I'll give them $20.00 for each time they do it.  For every time he not only beats them to the finish line, he is facing them and giving the critter hell, they give me $2.00.   I'll be way ahead at the end of the day.  He is the quickest thing I have ever seen on 4 feet.

The only reason I mentioned the possibity of an outcross would be to try to accomplish something like that Dorn fellow did in Wyoming when he created his "Dornbred line" of coyote dogs.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Hawks Feather

Good looking dog you have there.  As for your $20, I think it is pretty safe in your pocket and probably will be safe for a long time.

If you do an outcross you could start your own Possbred Line.

Jerry

possumal

Quote from: Bopeye on October 19, 2009, 07:46:37 PM
Surely you wouldn't ruin a good Australian Shepherd line by crossing them on a cur or Airdale.  :doh2:

My dad had one when I was a kid and she was smart and very protective of the family. Some even called her "vicious" when it came to protecting us.

I owned a Blue Heeler which is related to the Australian Shepherds and she was smart as a whip too.

You should have you a good dog there. I like her leperd coloring.  :wink:

Are one or both of her eyes blue? A lot of them come with blue or partially blue eyes, gives them a crazy, pretty look.  :yoyo:

Bop:  I just realized I forgot to answer your question about his eyes in my earlier reply. Sorry about that, but ancient marsupials tend to leave out things when their prehensile tail gets 98% worn off.  :laf: :laf: Jango has one blue eye, the multi color nose, the naturally bobbed tail, and all the other traits called for in the show book. I can't get over how quick he is both on his feet and in making decisions. When he gets a little older, I am going to take him with me every time I go out anywhere. He is already bonded with me big time, which isn't a guarantee of his success, according to some people  :madd: :eyebrow: Bad or good, we is one, just like my predecessor Pogo and Albert the Alligator.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

possumal

Jerry, I kind of like the sound of that Possbred line, but he is a male and I ain't goin' there!   :biggrin: :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Bopeye

You could hogtie the little feller and he'd still beat me running, so I think it's safe to say I am not going to take you up on your bet.  :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

I can't tell you how disappointed I feel right now.  Jango is no longer mine.  The husband called me today and was totally embarassed for having to ask me if I would consider letting them have the pup back.  As it turns out, his daughter was not allergic to Jango, but to some kind of weed he brought in the house. This fellow is neighbor to my middle son, Vincent, and he is a straight shooter.  He personally was not all that attached to the pup, and he told his family it was a done deal and he couldn't go back on his word to me.  Still, his whole family has cried nearly constantly since he took the pup away.  I can understand that, and I quickly told him to not get all torn up by trying to be a daddy, and to come pick up the pup immediately if not sooner.

As I said, he is a man of his word, and has a tremendous high income, and he and his wife have insisted that they pay for a replacement for him.  I am going to let them do that for two reasons. One I can't afford to buy a replacement especially after my burglary problems.  Other items have turned up missing that I didn't see that first night.  Second, they can afford it, and I was getting real attached to that great pup.  He is only 13 weeks old, and a lot smarter than any dog I have ever raised of any breed, and believe me that covers a lot of ground.  I am going to try to get one about 5 months old that has already received some basic obedience training, and I can advance a pup that age much faster.

I miss the little rascal more than words will tell, but I know I did the right thing.  I do wish I could have seen Bopeye try to outrun him though.  :roflmao: :laf: :eyebrownod:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

AUSSIE AUSSIE OY !....me brudder has 3 aussie shepherds that rule his farm and sheep and they r tough muthas...they caught a fox against a fence in the barnyard and killed it and he said if they see a coyote in the fields they go hellbent for leather after em...he said they are fearless and love to scrap.