• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

A day on the ice !

Started by nastygunz, January 16, 2010, 10:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

What a beautiful day, blue skies, sunshine, 35-40 degrees, light wind...hit the ice today with some kinfolk and friends, did pretty good with yellow perch, pickerel and some big white perch...I caught a big pickerel on my jigging pole that put up some good fight !!...saw a beautiful bald eagle flying around the lake looking for scraps, white head and tail just glowing in the sunlight.
    Heres a few pix of a great day afield:

Big E with some nice yellow perch:

Few more plump yellow perch:

Pickerel:

Mixed bag:

Take a kid...and dog..fishing!

White perch:

The young fella in the picture caught a perch that had this green powerbait lizard in its mouth, weird !

nastygunz

Them boys scrappn over the last donut :)

Osama Bin-Leroy coming out of his ice cave !

Take a kid fishing,even if you have to headlock them ")

All of them boys is deer hunters !

Sun going down fast, time to pick up. What a great, exhilarating day !

FinsnFur

Looks like ya done good. Those Perch are such good eating :biggrin:
That lizard was a pretty cool find. I've seen hooks and lures hanging from em but never a lizard.

How deep of water ya fishing in there?
By the way...your getting a ugly fast...ya better slow down. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

We were fishing in about 15 feet of water..and as far as ugly Im the guy behind the camera...no pix of me there Jimbo  :wink:

Todd Rahm

Lol, good post Gunz.  The pics are great and they realy put the nail in the stories and events.

FinsnFur

Ohhhh, you were the photographer. I thought you was the one wearing the turban :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

Heres a few more notes, my family is so big, the guy in the first picture is my nephew, the Big E, hes blocking out half the pond because hes 6'8 and weighs 345 pounds.....in the picture that says "Take a kid fishing,even if you have to headlock them ")"...the little guy in the blue coat is another nephew...and hes looking pretty cranky cuz he just got a good ass chewing from his father for punching his female cousin... :hahaha:...when we were all leaving i says to the boy come give your ole favorite uncle a hug...and he did and I slipped a small frozen perch in to the pocket of his parka...wait til momma finds that  :roflmao:...fun times for sure.

Todd Rahm

Quotefirst picture is my nephew, the Big E, hes blocking out half the pond because hes 6'8 and weighs 345 pounds.....

So those really are seven pound perch?  :biggrin:

pitw

The yellow perch I've seen but not the white ones, are they pretty closely related.  Your pickerel look more like our Northern Pike from that camera angle[got one showing the back?].  Fun looking day.
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

pitw

Up here many throw their Ling on the ice and leave them there like they are garbage.  I've caught a few and threw them all back. They are an ugly dang thing.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Todd Rahm

Yipper on the Cusk, mostly known in the northern states as eelpout. We have them up here, but I have yet caught one or intentionally tried to catch one.  :biggrin: They say they are like fresh water cod, and best cut into chunks and batter fried.

Iceshanty.com has a some great info and pics of the Eelpout.

FinsnFur

I had to look it up...never even heard of an Eelpout :confused: And yeah they are ugly little things.

What happen to your last post there Nasty? Is that where the conversation switched over to Eelpout?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

I was adding something to the post and somehow effed it up...grrrrrrrr....cusk is good vittling...make a helluva good sea food chowda :wink: