• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Caldwell Deadshot Field pod

Started by HaMeR, November 11, 2013, 05:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

Sounds good to me Mr. John!! The Huntress will give it a whirl,, probably at the shooting range if that's OK. I'll leave the receipt in the box & you can send back whatever the numbers add up to.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on November 13, 2013, 02:03:01 PM
I have one change to the above.  The Huntress should try it :innocentwhistle:

Don't do it John.  If you let her shoot from it all the 'kills' will be used and you won't be able to kill anything while using it.  She really is THAT good.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dale

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 11, 2013, 10:11:58 PM
Is that a fluid head! :biggrin:

no, just a flat top running on a Teflon based bushing...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 13, 2013, 06:26:41 PM

Don't do it John.  If you let her shoot from it all the 'kills' will be used and you won't be able to kill anything while using it.  She really is THAT good.

Jerry

Jerry I thought about that. Then he said at the range and I let it slide.  I have sold a few rifles like that, shot all the kills out of it then sold it.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Quote from: JohnP on November 14, 2013, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: Hawks Feather on November 13, 2013, 06:26:41 PM

Jerry

Jerry I thought about that. Then he said at the range and I let it slide.  I have sold a few rifles like that, shot all the kills out of it then sold it.

John,

I can only hope that one day, and the day may never come, I will be as wise as you.

Jerry

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: HaMeR on November 11, 2013, 05:39:00 AM
Thinking about getting one of these for the Huntress. It only weighs 5 1/4lbs,, their weight,, & folds up compact & has a sling. The chairs we use will work with this setup. Does anybody have any info on these? All thoughts are Welcome. Thanks.

http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/caldwell/catalog.asp?product=DeadShot-FieldPod

HaMeR I orders one of these for my wife a while back for deer hunting, It is sturdy and adjustment are good, the only thing she has have found a problem with is the heigth it only measures 33.5 from the floor to bottom of the bars, making it a problem with where she hunts. She is watehing a power line with a pretty good down hill slope from where she sits. We may have to get her a shorter leg Chair. Hope this helps.
Fuzzy

possumal

My nephew, Yote Yoda, uses one of those Caldwell Field Pod units.  He likes it a bunch and seems to shoot well with it.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the feedback. The height was a concern for me as well because they didn't have one on display. It sounds like they are easy enough to carry in also if a coyote hunter is packing it along. I'm glad to hear they are sturdy as well. I'm gonna pick one up for Diane no matter what. I think it will enhance her shooting since she's shooting off a mono pod now.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

HaMeR

Got mine yesterday. It sets up quick & is light. It held my ML,, which is probably 12-14lbs without the legs shrinking up. All swivelling/rotating actions are smooth. Once I figured out what each knob & lock did it was simple. So far so good.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

JohnP

JohnP

Got mine on Monday as scheduled.  Took it out yesterday but didn't have a opportunity to use it.  It will take getting use to on a hard charging coyote.  Should be excellent for those that hang up at 100 yards plus and refuse to come in closer.

HaMeR

Glad yours made it to you on time Mr John. I fiddled around with this one here for a little bit in the house. Can't wait to see how well it works in the field. For the ones that hang up me thinks they will need to hang up waaaay out there now!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bigben

I dont know how yours will be sitting down but standing with my tripod the close ones ain't no issue. The two greys i killed earlier this year were only 20 yds away this year when i pulled the trigger which makes the tripod overkill but for those long ones like this red i just got the other night 175 yd shot makes it worth it.

My cousin asked why i shot so far out. The main reason is i knew my equipment could do it. And i didnt believe the fox was going to cooperate. He was parrelleling us to the downwind side. I figured ought to shoot him for he gets down into smellin range.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Dale

way to go Ben... snipe'em at long range if they won't co-operate... nice lookin fox there...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

bigben

Yeah he has a frosted black tail. The .223 made a 2" exit from hitting him high. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

JohnP

Can't stand up with this one Ben, as Fuzzy said, it's only 33.5 inch tall.  Which is not a problem as most of the areas I call are flat and vegetation is rather low growing.  If you stand you'll be sticking out like a sore thumb.  Kinda anxious to get one out a far piece an see how I do.  My hand to eye coordination ain't what it use to be :madd:

nastygunz

Any updates?...i was thinking of getting one of these.

JohnP

Works just fine with my little Sako Vixen.

And with the heavier and longer Sendero

With a chair.

Or a three legged stool.

It does not extend high enough to use standing up.  I don’t know how it will work on a fast charging coyote, although the horizontal and vertical movements are smooth.  I don’t regret buying it.  I understand the do make one that extends high enough to use while standing.  If you do buy one I would suggest using Amazon.

nastygunz

Thank you sir...really like the looks of that Vixen!