• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Stood up!

Started by miss_hunter, May 08, 2009, 08:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miss_hunter

Is there anything more  :doh2: frustrating then getting stood up? I drove out to Illinois, to hunt turkey. Turns out that I got stood up there. The weather was quite confusing. It would down pour, then shine, rain for 5 minutes, shine for 5 minutes. While out there, I got an invite to hunt in Mississippi with my friend Keith. Rarely, will I turn down the opportunity to hunt. Well, the weather wasn't much better there either. So I was stood up in 2 states! What's up with that? I hate when those tom turkeys play hard to get. I was hitting it off with one, who would gobble to me as he displayed himself on a hillside about 100 yards away. However, he refused to leave his girlfriend for me. Since I was set up on an island in the middle of an open field there was nothing for me to do, but watch him walk away with her. I like the easy ones best. I hope that everyone else is having a great time....playing the "I'll call you back, but never show up" game.

Glad to see that I got that call. Can't wait to pick it up Dave! Sweet. I just got to see my first wolf a few weeks ago when I was in Northern Minnesota shed hunting.

Hawks Feather

Well, I know what it is like to have a Tom that isn't interested in my decoys or my calling.  I happened twice this week.  I think I might have given him the wrong message or something because both times he just kept right on walking and wouldn't come into range.  I guess the only thing good that I can say is that I only got stood up in one state.   :wink:

Jerry

alscalls

I have been stood up many times in the past few weeks.....Bill was with me on a real close one but just three soft yelps from a real hen and DONE ......I think I sounded better than her.....But he did not.... :nono:
I have had 4 strutters so far and No takers........
I still would not have missed any of it for the world....... :yoyo: :yoyo:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls