• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL Cabin Rentals 1st Come 1st Serve

Started by weedwalker, November 13, 2008, 10:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

1st Come 1st Serve

Mr.  Lay,

I recall your group form the past years, glad to hear that you all are interested in returning this year.  As to your question about reservations, the answers you received from Reserve America and the campground staff  were both correct.  We are ending our affiliation with Reserve America effective Dec. 31, 2008.  All future reservations will be made via the web or at the individual facilities by phone.  In order to facilitate this change we require a "black out" period on reservations, this black out period will be from Dec. 31, 2008 until March 1, 2009.  All arrivals during this black out will be handled as first come first serve.  We very simply have no mechanism in place to book an advanced reservation.  We chose this time frame for the black out when all of the facilities with the acceptation of Wranglers are closed to affect the least amount of visitors.  I hope this dose not significantly impact your visit.  Thanks   

Randall Mitchell
US Forest Service
Land Between The Lakes NRA

Ph: 270-924-2030
Email: randallmitchell@fs.fed.us

bigben

this could severly impact my visit.  this kinda sucks the big one. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

weedwalker

I don't like it, but I'm still going. They have several cabins and I doubt they'll run out. :madd:

bigben

I can see your point but when you live 750 miles away and a 12 hour drive hoping that there will be cabins that kinda is not something I would like to do.  I am one of those kinda guys that like to know what is on the other end of where I am going and doing. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Frogman

There are 12 cabins.  7 large ones that sleep 8 and 5 small ones that sleep 4.  That's room for 76 hunters.  That is not counting those of you who bring campers and RVs.  Since the campground is normally closed this time of year there shouldn't be any one else there to claim cabins.  I'm planning on being there.  If there are no cabins left I can always get a motel room in a nearby town.  With a little coordination we could even find out who is going to be there earliest and have that person sign up for all the cabins we need with money we could send in advance.  Or maybe someone in this group could come up with a better plan.  I'm sure something could be worked out with the combined genius of all those on this board.  I had too much of a good time there last year to let something like this mess me up this year.  I have been looking forward to coming back ever since we pulled out of the campground to leave last year!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

alscalls

I have already taken my Vacation time for the LBL and by damn I'm going..........We should do as Jimbo says and have the first one there try and reserve for all... :shrug:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Frogman

Oops, I read that wrong, I guess Wranglers is open at that time.  My bad.
We can still work this out!

Jim

KySongDog

I can just about guarantee you there will be cabins available.  There were some empty ones last February.  So folks, I wouldn't worry about it.

weedwalker

Last year there was only one cabin rented out that wasn't in our group. That guy with the green P/U and the horses. I don't think we'll have a problem. We could maybe leave a sign-in sheet at the check-in booth to see who's in what cabin and how many beds there are. If somebody needed a bed they could join them and split the cost even more. We'll just have to play the hand we're delt and make the best of it. :wo:

weedwalker

I ask Mr. Mitchell a couple more questions today.
They are set-up to take credit cards at the check-in booth.
The booth will be open from 7AM till 4PM CST. Anyone who will be arriving late at night can call ahead during business hours and they will unlock a cabin for you to stay in. Then go pay for it at 7AM the next morning.
He also suggested that one of the early arrivals should pay for all the cabins we need.

Frogman

When does the rifle predator season open? 

Jim

KySongDog

At LBL, centerfire rifle predator season opens February 1 for the month of February only.

You can use rimfire anytime.

Frogman

Thanks Semp,
    I was thinking of comming to LBL earlier in the week if the rifle season begins on the 1st.  I'll have to check with wv_yoter and alscalls to see when they can leave.  How many days is the temporary licence good for?

Jim

straycat

I do believe the non-resident is a 5 day license. Could be wrong..............I have been three times in my life!  :shck:
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

KySongDog

Stray is right.  5 day non-resident hunting license in KY.  I don't know about Tennessee.

straycat

This is what it says in the 'LBL FAQS' thread dated Jan '08

How much is a hunting license?
5 day non resident Kentucky=$40.00
7 day non resident Tennessee=$50.50
LBL permit=$20.00
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

Frogman

straycat,
      Thanks for the info.  Right now wv_yoter, alscalls, and I are thinking about trying to arrive Tuesday evening Feb. 3 and staying til Sunday noon.  There will probably be others in our group, but I'm not sure of their plans at this time.  I'm really looking forward to seeing all you guys face to face and maybe even hunting with some of you. 

Jim

KySongDog

I'll be there early myself, frogman.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.   :readthis:

coyote101

I hope to be there Wednesday, but I may back it up a day. It will be great to see everyone.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

weedwalker

I can't get there till about lunch time Thursday. Hopefully you guys will have them located for us by then. :biggrin:
I went ahead and got my LBL permit on-line so I'm ready for it. I'm looking forward to seeing you all again this year.

Ed