• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL hunt 2015

Started by KySongDog, October 13, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

There is no one spot to hunt. The entire LBL  area is open as long as you pay your usage fee and have license for the state your hunting. "The LBL is both TN and KY." There is no headquarters per say bUT the first cabins you come to at wranglers is an informal gathering/bragging area.
remember to take and post lots of pics as Jim likes to look at the pics of what he is missing
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

msmith

Quote from: slagmaker on February 05, 2015, 04:23:49 AM
There is no one spot to hunt. The entire LBL  area is open as long as you pay your usage fee and have license for the state your hunting. "The LBL is both TN and KY." There is no headquarters per say bUT the first cabins you come to at wranglers is an informal gathering/bragging area.
remember to take and post lots of pics as Jim likes to look at the pics of what he is missing

Yes, pics for those of us that cannot be there.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Huntdaddy01

Hey guys.  I just joined the site a couple of months ago when I was researching coyote hunting in LBL and this popped up.  Me and 4 other guys will be arriving tomorrow to hunt, and hope to get to meet a few of you.  I'll be in a white Tundra.
Has anyone had any luck yet this week?  I live here in KY, and went this past weekend here at home, and didn't have any luck.

kyfuzzyface

Quote from: oldnslow on February 05, 2015, 12:05:35 AM
I am new to the area here and heard about this hunting event for someone else, my sons and I would like to come most likely both Friday and Saturday, is there anything we need to do, a certain spot to go, or just go out and hunt on our own for some yotes out there, and are electronic calls ok.

Thanks
First of all make sure you know LBL laws,they aren't the same as Ky fish and wildlife. Several meet up @ Wranglers Campground and hang out. You can hunt anywhere you want as long as you have Ky and Tenn license and a LBL permit, A few areas may be off limit but will be posted. (most of the time)
Good luck.
Fuzzy

slagmaker

Quote from: oldnslow on February 05, 2015, 12:05:35 AM
I am new to the area here and heard about this hunting event for someone else, my sons and I would like to come most likely both Friday and Saturday, is there anything we need to do, a certain spot to go, or just go out and hunt on our own for some yotes out there, and are electronic calls ok.

Thanks

Oh don't forget a door prize or two for the gathering Saturday night. It's the highlight of the event!

oldnslow

Sounds good, my son's and I will be out tomorrow for about half day then out Saturday and look forward to the boasting, lying er uh gathering session Saturday night.

Old

Huntdaddy01

Thanks guys. I'm pretty familiar wth the laws. I've hunted there before but never for coyotes. I've been doing a lot of research and that's how I ended up finding this site.
Hope we all kill a few!

riverboss

Theres a few showed up no fur that i know of yet. Pat missed one on his first stand! Hunted hard 2 days never saw anything. Hunted today with Lineman Steve again we saw 5 but never had any shots. Finally starting to get lined out, miss those who didnt make it this yr first 2 cabins look like a ghost town not even a fire. Looking forward to meeting you new guys this weekend.

slagmaker

Man I wish I could be there. My vacation days don't kick in till next month. But I know my cousin and his boy are heading there tomorrow.

Coyote-x2

My son and I arrived thurs.mid day,, license changed? Had to get for fri.-sunday,, up at this time getting ready to locate and hunt!,,stopped at wranglers yesterday afternoon to see Frog,, but he musta been after it!

Good luck to all,,

X

HaMeR

Frogman goes from dawn til dusk then hits the sack by 9PM.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

Quote from: HaMeR on February 06, 2015, 06:01:48 AM
All us old guys do.
I killef this female earlly this morning. Rubbed already but good and dead.

slagmaker

Quote from: riverboss on February 06, 2015, 09:55:21 AM
Quote from: HaMeR on February 06, 2015, 06:01:48 AM
All us old guys do.
I killef this female earlly this morning. Rubbed already but good and dead.

Way to bang em! It looks like You're the first with fur.

slagmaker

JohnP

Nice set of chompers on her, reminds me of Jack London's story about White Fang.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HaMeR

:yoyo: :yoyo:  I knew there was gonna be blood!!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

kyfuzzyface

Way to go Riverboss !! Keep at them.
Fuzzy

oldnslow

my Son and I got out there late today, but out there for about 4 hours didnt see a thing went in for the dover side.  will be back out tomorrow, were kinda the blind leading the blind thow having never been out there, but it was good to get out in the woods.  what campgound are you guys as at so that we can drop by tomorrow?

Thanks

slagmaker

Wranglers.... it is the horse campground. Easy to find if your comming off the highway onto the trace going south. Just follow the signs

Coyote-x2

Went at it pretty hard yesterday,,11 sets , wind kept swirling in the evening so that was a bit of a bummer.
was out try to locate howl at 4 a.m. without response??...dont know whats up with them!

Time to get back after them!!

X