• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

HaMeR time!

Started by nastygunz, March 28, 2015, 06:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Wayback in the day there was a thread I think about turkey calls and hunting and I jokingly mentioned having a pot call striker with 2 strikers mounted on one handle so you could flip it around and instantly sound like two different turkeys.

Well, I went out and grabbed my mail Friday and there was a padded envelope in it from a land far away known as Ohio! In the envelope was the aforementioned Striker, a beautiful custom pen and another beautiful striker for a pot call.

A one of a kind gift for my turkey call collection from a damn nice guy and much appreciated :biggrin:

Thanks Glen  :bowingsmilie:

HuntnCarve

Glen's a heck of a nice guy.  And a fine craftsman to boot!  Oh, and he's been known to shot a groundhog or two..  :laf:  Congrats on your newly acquired goods.  Looking forward to seeing some gobbler photos.

HuntnCarve
Dave

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:   You're Welcome nasty!!

I tried for a long time to make a 4 way striker. At best I could only get 2 to sound usable at one time. I know this was just a fun thing we joked about but I knew you were a serious turkey hunter so I wanted it to be useable. All 3 worked very good on a slate call.

The camo striker is a carbon arrow. Opposite is a brass tube.

The Oak striker with Walnut topper is my BIG Tom HaMeR striker!! Be careful cause this thing only calls in 20+ pound birds!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:  The topper is made to look like a crow call. Again I couldn't make a real crow call work thru carbon fiber arrow or any metal tube. The exhaust was too small.

I had a decent 3 way striker but it was limited to high pitch yelps.

Hope you enjoy using your new HaMeR TiMe StRiKeRs!!!!!   :laf: :laf:

The pen is to fill out your tags.  :laf: :laf:  Hence the copper plating on the trim.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

riverboss

Way to go Glen!!![emoji106] A great gift for a buddy!

FinsnFur

:biggrin: Sahweeeeet!
I have a few of Glens Pens. Theys me favorites :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I was giving them a whirl with my morning coffee and used the brass end on an aluminum call and shattered two wine glasses, haven't seen the cat for three hours, and got reprimanded by Short Mean and Mouthy  ha ha :innocentwhistle:

Also as a side bonus I noticed the Double HaMeR Striker is hollow all the way through and makes a great peashooter in the off-season!

This coming spring turkey season I am going to keep track of how many people ask me " whereja get that?"...and NOT let any of my brothers borrow it!

Dale

Quote from: HaMeR on March 28, 2015, 06:36:32 AM

The Oak striker with Walnut topper is my BIG Tom HaMeR striker!! Be careful cause this thing only calls in 20+ pound birds!!  :alscalls: :alscalls: 

The pen is to fill out your tags.  :laf: :laf:  Hence the copper plating on the trim.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

yeah Nasty don't be out there after them BIG birds with your lil .410 mouse gun...   :nofgr:   :eyebrow:   :alscalls:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

iahntr

Scott

nastygunz

My biggest Tom ever was a 23 1/2 pound Tomasaurus Rex. I can't legally use the mouse gun on turkeys so I'll continue to use the greatest turkey hunting shotgun ever made the Mossberg 835 ultra mag :yoyo:

I have also taken the king of gamebirds with a compound and Longbow and someday I will take one with my 410 if I have to come all the way to Kentucky and crash out in Possumals garage :wink:

:argh:
Quote from: Dale on March 28, 2015, 04:44:46 PM
Quote from: HaMeR on March 28, 2015, 06:36:32 AM

The Oak striker with Walnut topper is my BIG Tom HaMeR striker!! Be careful cause this thing only calls in 20+ pound birds!!  :alscalls: :alscalls: 

yeah Nasty don't be out there after them BIG birds with your lil .410 mouse gun...   :nofgr:   :eyebrow:   :alscalls:

HaMeR

Rent yourself a cabin at the LBL nasty!! If you get the big cabin I bet you would have some Friends stop by & hunt with you!!  :laf: :laf:

I just ordered some more pen stuff too.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow: Any body need a Stylus?  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

I thought stylus was how you looked when you put your Sunday best on to go to church? :innocentwhistle:

HaMeR

:laf: :laf:  It's actually a pen with an eraser that won't erase anything.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

coyote101

Quote from: nastygunz on March 28, 2015, 10:53:56 PM
My biggest Tom ever was a 23 1/2 pound Tomasaurus Rex. I can't legally use the mouse gun on turkeys so I'll continue to use the greatest turkey hunting shotgun ever made the Mossberg 835 ultra mag :yoyo:

I have also taken the king of gamebirds with a compound and Longbow and someday I will take one with my 410 if I have to come all the way to Kentucky and crash out in Possumals garage :wink:

You gotta love the Mossberg 835.  :yoyo:  Some of the best gun money I ever spent.  :biggrin:

Bring that Contender down to Kentucky Nasty. We'll get you a shot at a tom.  :wink:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

I have been using my 835  for right around 20 years for turkey hunting and I keep looking at all these new fancy guns and thinking about getting one or using my semi automatic 12 gauge.

But y mess with wut werks :biggrin:

If i come to kentucky im wearing one of my 2 coonskin caps  :wink:

coyote101

Come on down, coon skin cap and all.  :sneer: Spring turkey season starts on April 18th.  :readthis:

Pat
NRA Life Member

HaMeR

My 870 20ga killed a few turkeys itself.  :eyebrow: :eyebrow:  Wanted a littler more fire power for them so I picked up a CZ712 for $425.  It has laid the smack down on a couple birds now as well.

I think you need to head South for some turkeys nasty!! Giddy up Silver!!  :laf: :laf:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

I have fond memories of my early days in the south in South Carolina and Virginia. I was at a wild Navy party once this cute little blonde filly come up to me and said how you doing big boy?

I asked her where did you get that accent girl?, And she said I am from FayetteVille North Carolina! She said where did you get your accent from boy?

I said I'm from the sovereign state of Vermont, and she said oh my God, you're a damn Yankee, and where I'm from damnyankee is one word! :alscalls:

Keeping in line with the original post theme I decoyed her in with a few shots of wild turkey and some good cold red white and blue beer! :yoyo: