• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What trigger? Single stage or two stage?

Started by Roundman, November 01, 2009, 08:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

I see a lot of people talking about triggers and this always comes up. I've never liked creep in my triggers, I've always liked a clean break. Why would someone want a two stage that has that feeling of creep? Do you guys fool with changing them out or do ya just use the stock ones?

Yotehntr

I've never liked creep.  All my Rem. bolt guns are set around 3 lbs and break clean.  Bought my RRA it came with a 2 stage.  The 1st I've ever used. It isn't anything like creep,  creep is moving along wondering when it'll shoot.  This is a little take up to a clean break.... hard to explain but I like it as well as the single stage.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Frogman

I agree with you Roundman.  I didn't like the trigger that came in my R-15 because of that creepy take up and crunchy break.  I ordered a Timney 3 pound single stage.  It still has a little creep, but breaks much more cleanly!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Creep is not a problem for me in a hunting situation.  I remember at Parris Island my old M14's trigger had quite a lot of slack and creep but I still shot expert on the 200-500 yard qualification course.  Breathing and heart rate was more important.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com