• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

**Important** .22 Mag info

Started by Teamroper, May 01, 2010, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

My wife has a Taurus "Ultra-Lite" Model 11406, .22 Mag revolver. She was told that she could shoot regular .22 shells out of it and I told her to never do that. It DOES NOT have another cylinder for it and the barrel is stamped .22 Mag. She shot regular 22 shells out of it with some other people last night and she said that it shot fine but I told her to stop. Who is right? :shrug:
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

coyote101

The .22 Magnum case has a larger diameter than a .22 Long Rifle. The LR case will almost certainly swell in a magnum chamber, and possibly split. It CANNOT be done safely! Tell her to stop.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

msmith

+1

and I would imagine that the LR being shorter will cause fouling that would cause the magnum cases to stick eventually. Just a thought.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

vvarmitr

Pat's right!

What numskull told her she could?  :argh:

Teamroper

Can't say. One of my in-laws would probably get mad. Some people don't like to be corrected. Know what I mean? Called Taurus this morning and they confirmed my thoughts on the idea. NOTHING BUT .22 Mag. BULLETS!! Thanks everybody! I'd like to have my wife around awhile. She's a good one! :yoyo:
When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper