• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What did it hold?

Started by pitw, February 26, 2011, 03:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Looks to me like an old military shoulder holster for a .45

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

FOsteology

pitw

Pat do you mean as in a 1911?  What was the slot for in the middle?  This thing must have been to [L] an back cause the straps have been used in every hole a lot.

Todd Rahm

Lever action on your horse?

coyote101

Quote from: pitw on February 26, 2011, 04:35:48 PM
  Pat do you mean as in a 1911?  What was the slot for in the middle?  This thing must have been to [L] an back cause the straps have been used in every hole a lot.

There is a very similar looking version for a revolver.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Thanks Pat. :bowingsmilie:  Boy were Bob and i trying to get it on wrong :doh2:.  So the loop at the bottom would go around a belt :shrug:.  Anybody need this thing cause it sure won't work for my other plan I had for it :argh:.

FinsnFur

Seems like you see those a lot in movies...or what they want you to think they are anyway.
Never really seen one harnessed up, up close. Looks like it's pretty serious about what they want it to do. :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com