• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Wendy's Holsters

Started by FinsnFur, April 11, 2012, 09:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

You know HaMeR told me to do that right?  :innocentwhistle:

So whats your holster secrets, Dougy poo. HaMeR says to look you up.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

WldWldWest

I dont mind...He's the one that goes outta his way to room with me at LBL :innocentwhistle:

I have more tied up in custom Leather holster's than I care to count but I tend to fall back on the Kydex holster's, I have several of those that are custom made to fit my gun's some with light attatched some not, but to be honest they are not any better quality than the Fobus Kydex you can p/u at most gun shop's or Police/fire supply shop's for less than 25 bucks, I have one paddle holster that I have drug around for 10 years or more and it still looks and functions like a new one. Some people claim that they are rough on the finish but from what I have seen they cause no more holster wear than some of my $200plus Horse hair lined leather holster's and one big plus side is they are impervious to the weather and they are very concealable.
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Seems like there's a lot of people with money tied up in holsters and most of it is trial and error.
I have a feeling I'm pointed towards that same road, because I find myself again...in the market for a good holster.

Luckily I'm thin enough, ( I cant beleive I said that after gaining 15 lbs this winter and hitting the 200 mark) that my cheap Uncle Mikes IWB isnt bad in the comfort level. Plus it fits my Kel-tech like a dream.

What I dont like about it, and therefore has put me back into searching, is the fact that it creeps out of the holster after several hours of driving. Which makes me subconsciously and continuously feeling, reaching, and shifting once I step out.
Not good :nono:
I'm thinking a better IWB is going to crowd me out of my waistline, and therefore I keep thinking I should go with a decent paddle. Either way I'm real hesitant cause I dont want to be another guy with 40 holsters and still not one he likes.
Ordering one online is spooky cause its like the entire process is trial and error all the way through.
I've got my eyes on the Bianchi International Minimalist,  and the Fobus KTP11, but I really dont wanna fork out the doh without trying one.

Hung juror :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

WldWldWest

Thing is...I can blow 25 bucks before I get outta the driveway, You cant go wrong with a Fobus, Made in Israel, very good quality and I think they were the first to make a holster outta Kydex :confused:the locking device attatches to the trigger guard and is almost if not impossible for someone to grab your weapon fron the front or the side and pull it out. I like a paddle style that way I can easily adjust it without much effort but it doesnt move around on its own.

Most people I know carry in a IWB holster...not an option for me as I cant afford a new wardrobe :innocentwhistle:

Good luck!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

FinsnFur

Quote from: WldWldWest on April 11, 2012, 10:36:46 PM
Most people I know carry in a IWB holster...not an option for me as I cant afford a new wardrobe :innocentwhistle:

Now is that cause all your money is tied up in holsters? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

You might try a Blackhawk CQC holster.   It is an OWB belt holster and works great for me.   

For IWB carry, I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 with my 1911.   Very comfortable but your pants can't be too snug.   :laf:

FinsnFur

Those do look like some sweet functional holsters Semp. First problem though was that the words Kel-tech wasnt even listed on the site anywhere.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers