• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Versacarry

Started by CCP, January 05, 2014, 05:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

Anyone using the Versacarry holster for concealed carry?

Been using one for a month and really like it. Very comfortable,lite and conceals very well in several positions.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

I looked at them a while back.  As with anything there are some likes and dislikes.  I liked the minimal design but disliked that the gun could not be easily re-holstered without removing the Versacarry first.  Also the gun's steel rests against the body, cold in the winter and subject to perspiration concerns in the summer. 

It somewhat reminded me of the "string" holster used in WWII.  About as minimal as one can get.   

FinsnFur

I cant believe it stays put with what looks like "nothing" holding the frame of the gun. :confused:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

I like it if it works as they say, for a quick carry kind if set up.

My CrossBread has me kinda spoiled for the reasons Semp mentioned.

I'll check one out too.

bigben

I have looked at the versa carry for a while but was wondering if anyone has used one.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

weedwalker

I got one to try. It works good at 3 o'clock on the hip. Too uncomfortable for front appendix carry, and when on the back hip sticks the handle of the pistol out into your shirt making a bad print. If you have something between your skin and the gun it's good on the hip.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

CCP

Still like the versa carry for my and the wifes little TCP pistols. When I had the Beretta Nano I did not have the versa carry and traded it off for a G26. The G26 is a nice gun but a little large for my needs. I picked up a little tcp like the wife with a versa carry and found myself in love with this combo. Thinking of requiring another beretta nano In OD green this weekend and trying it with the versa carry, I feel they will be a great match. The Nano and G26 problem I had was concealing in a comfortable iwb holster. I think the versa carry will solve this so picking up the other nano this week and versa carry for it and see.

I alway wear a tee shirt between my skin and guns so no problems there. Also have no problem with removing holster to reinstall gun because I only would have to upholster if something bad happened and returning it to is holster after that is not a priority. Just can't stress enough how comfortable this set up is and concellibility is. Of course we are all different animals in what we want for Concellibility.

Would love to hear from Guys or gals that actually use it daily.

If anyone is on the fence for a taurus tcp 380 I can report it shoots very well is extremely problem free for me. I buy guns for reliability and function not what cost the most or has a cult like following.

If a gun or holster works well for my needs it doesn't matter the cost or cool factor because they do not wright that in the police report anyway.

One more plus for buying compact pistols is you can sell then for what you paid for them in a month or so because the demand is so high..

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."  Adolf Hitler

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

CCP

Quote from: FinsnFur on January 05, 2014, 04:29:08 PM
I cant believe it stays put with what looks like "nothing" holding the frame of the gun. :confused:

It holds very very well. A little tight to begin with and a few shaving. Plus the thought of purposely putting something in your barrel is creepy to begin with. Once you sit down and pull in and out 20-50 times it is smooth and all your worries go away.

"The broad masses of a population are more amenable to the appeal of rhetoric than to any other force."  Adolf Hitler

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Quote from: CCP on January 10, 2014, 08:20:14 PM
Once you sit down and pull in and out 20-50 times it is smooth and all your worries go away.

:laugh2: tell me about it brutha
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

bigben

I liked my tcp but upgraded to a xds. Im gonna have to pick me up a versa carry.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Another small and extremely easy to conceal gun to try is the Kahr CW9.   A great little 9mm pistol that won't break the bank.   

CCP

Here are a few quick pictures of the VersaCarry on the nano.

View from front

View from on its side.

View from straight on to show the shavings. It doesn't shave anymore on the TCP because it is broken in. Now on the Nano it is not broken in and you can see the shavings. This will drive you nuts to begin with and might not be acceptable to some.

Here is an over head shot with some TCP's, full size T-33, the Nano and a VersaCarry..

I find some people love'em and some hate them. It's a personal choice you have to make and $20.00 bucks aint a bad price to find out if you do or don't.

I liked the Nano but just seemed to big for carrying for me and traded it. The 26 was even worse and in my situation I feel anytime I would need to carry the 26 a full size would be even better. After using the VersaCarry I retried the Nano and find it so much better.However in reality I will probably carry the TCP 80% of the time.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

JohnP

Is the rod inserted into the barrel, if so is it coated?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

slagmaker

Quote from: JohnP on January 12, 2014, 07:49:28 PM
Is the rod inserted into the barrel, if so is it coated?

that could be taken sooooo dirty :eyebrow: :innocentwhistle:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

weedwalker

Yes John, the rod goes into the barrel. It's a plastic coated rod that won't scratch anything. You get some plastic shavings the 1st few times you use it. That's from the lands and groves in your barrel. Once your barrel has fit it, it won't shave off any more.
The plastic rod is on a slight angle towards the clip. So when you slide your pistol onto it it puts tension on the gun holding it tight to the clip.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2