• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

.223 light load

Started by rjl54, April 02, 2007, 08:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjl54

Hey guy's, I"m looking for a light load for the .223.(out of an Encore)  I want  low velocity, 55 grn bullet, capable of minute of angle at 50 to 75 yards.  The quieter, the better.  Any suggestions? 
                                                                                            Randy

FinsnFur

The quieter the better??  :confused:  :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

rjl54

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 03, 2007, 11:19:00 PM
The quieter the better??  :confused:  :innocentwhistle:

So I don't disturb the neighbors  :shrug:

FinsnFur

Thought maybe you plotting a local shooting spree   :laf:
Surprised there wasn't more replies here, I thought we had a few Encore fans here.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ladobe

Been a serious TC user since the late 60's Jim (but sold all my Encores years ago).  Do still have 20 Contenders with a truckload of custom barrels for them and several of their blackpowder rifles though if that counts.    :wink:

Anyway, I do have data on light loads Randy that I'm fairly sure would include the 223, but unfortunately its not easily accessable.   I have not bothered to reset up my reloading shop since the move to the new house (and wasn't planning to), and so not the shop computer with my ballistics programs and all the load data.   Don't even know which box in the still huge pile at storage the computer is in.   Sorry.

But it is easy enough information to get on any of the gun boards I used to run that have good TC forums on them.   A couple of them have a large following of TC users (with some folks at each that do know TC's) that might have it more readily available for you.   You might try either Greybeard Outdoors, Rimfire Central or the TC Bunch for starters.

HTH,

Larry
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

rjl54

Thanks for they replies (had some PM's with good info.)

Larry, thank you for the website information.  I'll get on it.

Actually, what I'm wanting this load for is to use on some pesky beavers that are destroying some good fising ponds.  Full power loads work, just have to be careful with the angles on water.
I always like to make sure I have a high bank for my sniping position.  If I can get a heavy bullet load , tight groups to 75 yards, with the crack of a .22 mag, I'll be happy.

Randy