• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What's your preference?

Started by FinsnFur, June 30, 2006, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

What's your caliber of choice and why?

Mines the 22-250. I shoot a ruger M77 markII stainless.
I'm addicted to the flat shooting range it provides.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Rick223

Well personally I think Rugar $%#@%  :hahaha: :innocentwhistle: but thats my opinion.
I shoot  Remington sendaro 25 06 its a very good gun.
Ive also become very fond of the new savages with the
accu trigger they shoot great out of the box. aaaannd I also really enjoy my dpms
ar 15 in .223.
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

FinsnFur

How long you had your Remington Ric?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Rick223

3 years 5 or 6 deer a few yotes crows always hit the mark. :sneer:
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

FinsnFur

I thought you were talking about the one you got for Wes. I was gonna pinch ya on that post.

Forgot it was a 243 :innocentwhistle:
LOL
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Rick223

I do remember a fond weekend with the .243, 3 yotes.
Two with the help of a good buddy. :yoyo:

OKTrap

either a .22-250 for the harvest ... or a 7mm Mauser for the pure and simple removal.

But that's just me.

FinsnFur

LOL...ya just had to shove that BC Reticle in our faces didn't ya? :shck:
Niice LightForce by the way.

OKT...clean and swift with the Mauser uh? :biggrin: Well.....swift anyway. Reminds me of my first few years Deer hunting 15 years ago, my Dad had me packing his 8mm Mauser, gawd I hated shooting that cannon.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Rick223

Really nice lookin weatherby Ill bet its a great shooter.

Brad H

I have a pair of Ruger Mark II 220 Swifts. They're all I use.

Cuz I'm a speed freak.  :eyebrow:

Brad

Yellerdog

I yse a pair of Ruger M77 Mark II's.
A stainless steel 24'' barrelled .204 that I camo painted and a 22'' barrel .243
I've been using the .204 almost exclusively since I got it a little over a year ago. I just like the lower recoil of it versus the .243.
They both have leupolds on them now, although they both started out with cheaper glass. It didn't take too long to realize that you get what you pay for.

stevecriner

I like my Viper. Its 6#dry and shoots straight.  .223
" I love coyote huntin",and the folks that learned me the way"

Hunters Specialties
"For Sportsman, by Sportsman"

browning204

I like my Brownings. I have both Browning rifles and shot guns. Little expensive but worth it. I recently got me a Bushmaster AR. I am new to that type of rifle but I am liking it so far! I have plans of it being my close up coyote gun...
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

canine

I also shoot a Ruger 22-250 that i reload for. Fast and flat with plenty of knockdown. But..............I really like that Viper, Criner has there :congrats:

JD

keekee

I am a 22-250 man myself but then again I like my AR-15's as well, and my 22 Hornet, and my Rem, and my......Well its really hard to pick one...lol

I have to lean real hard to the 22-250 though!

Brent

Bob D

I loved my 22-250 until I got the AR-15. Hunting in the thick stuff here in Alabama you will need that second shot and the ar-15 gives you that opportunity. However I think a bolt action makes you a better shot. At least it does for me. I just got a 243 Remington VL that I will be using this year. We will see how it does.
Bob

centerfire_223

I am going to have to say .223 with its big brother .12 gauge. I love this gun!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

CCP

One of my favorite bang flop cartridges was the 22-243 middle-stead but I went through to many barrels. (I shoot to much) I then went through a caliber change every year and went with the .223 contender pistol with 14inch barrel. After several loses by not having a second shot I searched around more. I tried the savage 24F in 12ga and 22 hornet worked  but still basically a single shot.Continued searching for a round for my application

I haven't had a shot over 200 yards in many years so that narrowed it down. Then I wanted it in the AR platform that narrowed it down more. Wanted to be able to shoot  heavy bullets for penetrating at odd angles.That made it harder I already learned the .223 wasn't cutting it for me on shoulder or rear shots.

Short answer 300/221 fireball 300 whisper with AR platform perfect match for any coyote under 200 yards. I haven't lost any coyotes in the 2 years of using it.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

studabaka

Well to put this in proper context...... my next yote shot will be my first. When I lived in upstate NY there weren't any around. These days in NC they are still spotty, but seems like more around every year. I just got into calling this past spring and while I was lucky enough to call in a few, I never got off a shot. I picked up a Rem vssf in .223 and a Mosberg in 22-250/.223 and am optimistic that they will do it for me come fall. I've got an old savage lever action 30-30 that my dad gave me as a kid. It was old even back then and just iron sights, but it sure has done good for me with the deer.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

coyotehunter_1

My primary calling rifle is a 1962 production Remington 700 ADL in 222 Rem. "Old Reliable" sports it’s original 20” factory sporter carbine barrel and walnut stock. My other “coyote” rifles include a Rem. model 7 LSSS 22-250 and Savage semi-custom wood stocked model 10 in 243.
Did I mention I like wood? :rolleye: :biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.