• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What's your preference?

Started by FinsnFur, June 30, 2006, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CypressSlough

Texarkana, Ar in Southwest Arkansas on the Texas border and 50 miles north of the Louisiana border. I can actually step out my front door and spit on Texas.  :laf:. Texarkana sits half in Arkansas and half in Texas. One of only 2 true border cities in the US. Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

FinsnFur

Ahhhhhhhh  :eyebrownod:
Plenty of fur down there  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Ridge Runner

I like them all

rem 7615, J&T expedition upper, RRA 24", 1/8 varminter, tromix 20 458 socom, Dtech 22" SUM 25 WSSM

ruger 96 22 wmr, custom ARS mini, 6mm PPC, custom ARS mini 223,valmet 412 12/223, savage mark 2, 17 HM2, rem 788 6mm

Bansner UR1 in 7mm STW, Rem 700 6.5 gibbs, APS rem 700 in 7mm Allen Mag, the same RRA varminter from pic 1,
These are the ones that are out of the safe more than in.
RR

fuzz624

Wow,nice collection River Runner

ohiobob

I sold 20 guns 11 years ago because i thought it was like a "job" taking care of them and i sold a Browning 22 lever action that had such a high sheen on the stock it looked plastic and i was NEVER GOING TO SHOOT IT,,a Belgium Browning 22 and 3 OLD Model 12's because i dont like Winchester and 2 old Winchester lever guns in 22 and 22 MAG
Colt 22 & 22MAG revolver with both cylinders and etc...etc.. Back then i was in a stage of: IF im NOT going to shoot them then i DONT want them around,,,,,,,SHIT I WAS A DUMB ASS BACK THEN !!! but i did keep a few to give to the kids and they have them now,,i could get some of them back BUT i wont get them for what i sold them for back then :doh2:

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

KySongDog

For this predator thing, I'm draging around a .243.  It has the accu trigger.

For deer, its a 30-06 or bow.

For turkeys, a SBE 12 ga.

Semp

vvarmitr

Quote from: ohiobob on May 18, 2007, 12:18:12 AM
I sold 20 guns 11 years ago because i thought it was like a "job" taking care of them and i sold a Browning 22 lever action that had such a high sheen on the stock it looked plastic and i was NEVER GOING TO SHOOT IT,,a Belgium Browning 22 and 3 OLD Model 12's because i dont like Winchester and 2 old Winchester lever guns in 22 and 22 MAG
Colt 22 & 22MAG revolver with both cylinders and etc...etc.. Back then i was in a stage of: IF im NOT going to shoot them then i DONT want them around,,,,,,,SHIT I WAS A DUMB ASS BACK THEN !!! but i did keep a few to give to the kids and they have them now,,i could get some of them back BUT i wont get them for what i sold them for back then :doh2:

Bob

Man :doh2:  Remind me to kick you square in the ass the next time I see you!
Nah, forget it, it'll cut into our hunting time to much. :biggrin:

HaMeR

I can kick & walk at the same time Bob so you better be careful!!

:roflmao:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

ohiobob

ive kicked myself in the ass, and realized even if i DONT like a specific gun i can still keep it even if i dont shoot them :doh2: BUT that stuff hasnt happened since,,plus the kids are old enough to take care of them and my finances are a HELL OF A LOT better today then they were years ago,,i have a few right now that i will part with 1 of these days but there are other guns i have that i WILL NOT PART WITH for ANY reason!!!
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Rich

I still whack coyotes with this old Mauser. It is a .257 Ackley, and I  built it myself for the most part.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Rich

Why do I prefer that old Mauser? Because it lets me shoot like this---------
Foxpro Field staff

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Good shootin' Rich. :congrats: I like my ole Rem 700 ADL .243. It shoots OK with factory ammo but I'm thinking about getting into reloading. I've been saving my brass. :wo:

ErictheRed

I've had pretty good luck with a .243 on deer.  You guys that use a .243 for coyotes, what bullets do you like?

Rich

I haven't shot a coyote with one of these yet, but I am gearing up to load a few. http://www.speer-bullets.com/ballistics/bullet_detail.aspx?id=18
Foxpro Field staff

CCP

Rich noticed it still shoots to the right. Might try bending the barrel over just a little. :roflmao:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

MI VHNTR

I like the 223 for my type of hunting. Most, if not all, of my shots are under 100 yards and in mostly heavy cover. I built a LW 16" AR-15 just for predator hunting. While I've got more 223s, this is now my go to predator rifle. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

vvarmitr

:confused:  You'll have to show me a pix MI VHNTR.  :innocentwhistle:

MI VHNTR

vvarmitr, I'll get a picture up for you ASAP. MI VHNTR

Added on edit: I'm away from home now, but I'll be back in a day or two.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

MI VHNTR

vvarmitr, I found this picture showing my LW AR. The picture was taken in late Dec. of last year. I've changed scopes/mounts since the picture was taken. The rifle now wears a Bushnell Elite 4200. MI VHNTR

It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB