• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

What's your goto gun?

Started by awh, September 11, 2007, 12:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awh

For predator hunting what gun seems to grab the most attention when you open the cabinet or safe?

For me it's the 204. My brother has my 22-250 and since getting the 204 I haven't missed it as much.

Cam usally grabs his 20 gauge and a hand full of B-shot. He has mentioned taking the .17 or .22 mag this year since I take the 204, but it takes him a few seconds to locate stuff in the scope and I'm trying to get him more shooting time in to help him there.
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Rich

Custom Mauser in .257 Ackley Improved.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

Bob D

Either my 22-250 Remington or my ar-15. I've killed more with the Remington. Missed and lost more with the ar-15.
Bob

blackfish

.257 Roberts Improved /  Mauser action.
You don't never wanta do no assumtin' !
            Henry Frapp

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Rich

Here is a photo of my .257 Ackley and a mangy coyote.
Foxpro Field staff

MI VHNTR

I use my 16" LW AR-15 that I built just for predator hunting. MI VHNTR
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

awh

Rich- Beautiful gun. I had a .308 that was dads in a mauser. Smoothest action I have ever held and a tack driver. After my divorce, my nephew ended up with it so I could pay off the lawyers. I miss hunting with that gun.  :sad:
My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

Silencer

"If"  I take the rifle .222savage topped with 3x9 simmons, but anymore I take the shotgun only with 4 buck. 

Rich

awh,
Mine don't shoot all that bad either.  :wink:

Foxpro Field staff

keekee

Savage 22-250 or Rem 1187 with a .660 choke and Dead Coyote loads.

Brent

leehop

Stevens(Savage) 200 in .22-250.  Light and accurate.  A pleasure to carry and shoot.  Also same model in .223.

FinsnFur

Ruger M77 MarkII Stainless 22-250, fitted into a Boyds Varminter thumbhole stock  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bowjunkie

my go to gun depends on whats in the truck at the time and what hunting season is on  :biggrin: here lately its been the 1187 or the pellet gun ... :wink: oh ya  .177 RWS chrony's at around 940 with a 7 grn pill and it smokes prarie dogs out to 50 yds drt   :eyebrow:

vvarmitr

Remington SP10 10ga w/ #4buck or the 11-87 12ga w/ #4buck, then there's the 45LC Ruger Bisley SS Blackhawk, & of course CDM (Coyote Disaster Master) the Browning A-bolt Composite Stalker in 25WSSM. :yoyo:

bushmaster

It's either the M4 or the .17 for me.  I can pull off snap shots with the Bushmaster and take down anything i want with a well placed shot from the .17.  I only bring the 12ga if my brother has the rifle.  He didn't get the shooting gene. :sneer:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

FOsteology

For the past year or so my "go-to" rifle has been a semi-customized Marlin .444

In Texas, we can hunt feral hogs 24/7 365 any means.... and from Feb. thru Sept. I hunt them on a regular basis. The lever action just shoulders so nice and is fantastic on hogs in the thick brush.

Grouser

Here in east TN it has been the 3" Model 12, and the 22 mag lately,  because of the regulations, but when i can it is a Vanguard in 223.

bowslinger

mossberg 12ga with a shot barrel for small game and a slug barrel i can hunt ever thing in newyork with it but mostly my go to is not a gun but my bow

vvarmitr

Quote from: bowslinger on October 19, 2007, 08:08:03 AMmossberg 12ga with a shot barrel for small game and a slug barrel i can hunt ever thing in newyork with it but mostly my go to is not a gun but my bow

Go figure!  :laf: