Main Menu

What's your goto gun?

Started by awh, September 11, 2007, 12:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Colt AR-15 with 4x scope.

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

Ladobe

Depended on where I would be calling.   In the wide open spaces of the wilds usually one of my 17 caliber wildcats.   On windy days or in thick cover The Stealth (6X47).   On ADC ranches where hang ups were common - usually one of my 6mm wildcats or a 270 Win.

Did a lot of calling with my specialty pistols as well, and in the end with my black powder small bore muzzle loaders.   
Got a bunch of 22 caliber center fire rigs I used to use for calling too, but they all became safe queens when I got into the 17's about a decade ago.

Now my "go to" is the remote for the entertainment system.    :rolleye:

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Troy Walter

Ar-15 is the gun I take when I get to go out.And that's been a big zero this year.

coyotehunter_1

For coyotes....
Ol' Reliable: my Remington 700 ADL short action in 222 Rem., one of the early models (1963) w/ 20" factory barrel.
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

trappinjohn

My old favorite is a Winchester 670 in a 243 that my Dad bought me when I was 11 years old.  She ain't pretty, but shoots great

ohiobob

Bushmaster Predator or my Parker-Hale 1200 Safari Grade in 22-250 or my Stoeger 12 Gauge & Dead Coyote Shells
I am getting ready to add another Rifle to the Mix after Christmas, well MAYBE I will  :laf:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Buckrun

Well the last couple years all the hunting I have done is varmint control in my garden. This has been done with a Savage 93R17 .17 HMR from the bathroom window. Or my Walther P22 when I am out scratching in the dirt. I bought the Walther just for this and it fits in my back pocket just like it should. I have also made a couple long 75 yard shots on the long eared varmints eating my salid. :mad3:

Steve

possumal

Browning A-bolt 243 Silent Stalker with BOSS,  with Bushnell Elite 4200 4x16x50. I load a 70 grain Sierra Blitz King with 38.1 grains of Dupont IMR 4064. 
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

jimneye

Rem. 788 in a 222cal  or moss. 12ga with #4 buck.  With these I can thread the needle or fill the air with lead.

vvarmitr

WOW Rich I would have given you a better "welcome aboard" iffen I knew you were a 222 shooter.  ;yes;  :laf:

jimneye

Thanks VV,  we must be birds of a feather.  My rem is awsome but I'm worried that I goine to lose the mag.while in the woods. :doh2:  Those things are a killer to buy.

vvarmitr

Quote from: jimneye on December 24, 2007, 01:45:40 PM
I'm worried that I goine to lose the mag.while in the woods. :doh2:  Those things are a killer to buy.

I know what ya mean!  :sad:  Even though mine is a ol' 722 Rem'.  If I find one in the woods I'll see if you want it.  :wink:

northern coyote

I'm with Coyotehunter_1 as I use a Re. 700 ADL with the gloss hardwood stock, or a H&R 12ga. with 3in 4 shot
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

cb223

3 1/2 inch Mossberg 835 12 gauge in the brush and  an AR with a 1 1/2 x 5 scope and a 16 inch barrel in the open.
CHAD

BigB

Ruger 22-250 with some Harris bipods topped with a Burris 3-9X40.  It's got a bull barrel and a bench shooting laminated stock.  The darn sucker is heavy to carry around, but it don't miss much. :eyebrow:

My brother has a Howa 22-250. 

hand call user primarily, but if you gotta use an e-caller, there ain't nothing that sounds better than a Wildlife Tech

TA17rem

Anyone of my 17 rem.s but mostly my 17 pred. or 22-250 ackley.

bushmaster

I got a new go to, my Rock River Arms LAR in 6.8SPC!!!  I couldn't be more happy with a rifle.  There's one problem though, I no longer have my bushmaster since trading it for the 6.8... Does this compromise my Screen name? :wo:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

vvarmitr

Nahhhhh, you'll always be Bushy to us.  :laf: