• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

.204 "Arky Special"

Started by Arkyyoter, September 21, 2007, 06:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

My new .204 is almost ready!!! I will have it this next week....just in time to get a scope on it, get it zeroed, and work up a yote load!!

I had it built to be handy and relatively light......a calling rifle, pure and simple... It has a 21 inch Shilen chrome moly barrel, will be black teflon coated...RRA riser/ring one pice mount and a Nikon Monarch 3 X 9 X 40. I had the barrel turned down from just ahad of the chamber as opposed to just forward of the hand guard...Ergo grip, Ace stock, am having two studs on the FF aluminum handguard...one for sling and one for bipod...target crown, 2 stage trigger with a WHALE of a nice trigger job.....it has an Anvil Arms forged receiver and a forged Stag Arms upper...

I am really tickled about this gun....my brother in law, Jim, is doing one just like it, as is my friend Kelly and his friend Kevin....

He just kinda stuck it together to lemme see how it was coming along....still has to do a few little things , teflon it, and the final head spacing, test firing etc....

WOOHOO....

Joe

DirtyDog

Holy smokes Joe, that is one awsome looking shooter. Let us know how she shoots.

cb223

CHAD

Hawks Feather

Joe,

You are going to be having too much fun for one man to handle.   :biggrin:

Jerry

iahntr

Scott

Jeb

Bopeye

Sweet looking rig Joe. I'm jealous........ :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

HaMeR

AND its a 204!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Nice rig fer sure!!   She otter look good layin on some fur with a "Call Pimp" call hangin off the scope caps!! :biggrin:

:congrats: :congrats:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

desert dog

www.reeselanyards.com

"what you pay for your calls is your business, protecting them is ours"

Bob D

Joe,
Let me know how that 204 works for you. I been thinking about getting one.
Bob

Arkyyoter

Thanks guys....

Will do Bob....killed one last week with a .204, over in Oklahoma, it did a great job, but one shot and one dog doesn't say much...if I am lucky this season, maybe I will get to shoot a few and have a more reliable opinion of the round.

I am going to start out shooting 35 Bergers...hoping to get 3800++ out of this short barrel....we shall see!!

Joe

coyotehunter_1

Hey Joe...
That's super !!!  :yahoo:

I'd bet you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.  :biggrin:

:thumb2:

Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Arkyyoter

nailbender

OOOOWIEE!   That's a sweet looking rig ya got there. :yoyo:

FinsnFur

That IS sharp lookin. I guess we know who's makin the big bucks around here.  :sneer:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bushmaster

Or spending em! :wink:  What a rig, I'm happy for ya :yahoo:
"Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." -PSALM 34--14

Integrity of character and clarity of thought are vital to quality of life.

Arkyyoter

Yessir......more like spending 'em....why ya think I am selling stuff?? It ain't for fun :doh2:  :shck:  I just got this hungry thing inside me I gotta feed!! I NEED this new new 204!!!!  :biggrin:

Joe

bowjunkie

Joe , thats a sweet looker there ....but  :wo: man I'm worried about ya  :huh: at yer age ya know that could just over excite ya I think you better send it to me fer testing  :eyebrow: ..yup I been checked out ya know and the excitement won't get to me to bad  :innocentwhistle:
just tryin ta help ya know  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Arkyyoter

Thanks Ed....I think  :holdon:  :confused:  :shrug:  :wink:

Joe

DDCalls

Joe

I just got my Sabre Arms XR15 in 223 and will be getting one of their 204's to test once they are ready.  Can't wait.  Make sure you post some pics of the damage :yoyo:

David