• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Name Change???

Started by arse, February 07, 2007, 12:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arse

I am seeking opinions on whether or not a name change is needed for the Arse.  I had no idea that my college nickname would cause such a stir at the LBL.  I didn't mind, was just surprised. 

I know that Bopeye seemed to get the biggest charge out of the name.  I hope that by picking on me that Bopeye left the LBL with just a little more self esteem then what he had when he arrived.  If so, then I have performed a valuable service.  Bopeye will be more productive at work and at home.  I guess that I should change my profession to a Self Esteem Engineer.  If anyone else needs a little boost, let me know.  I can tell you about how I had to fire 6' 2" Blonde named Michelle with big hands and an Adams apple for using the women's restroom with ?her? :wo: feet facing in the wrong direction and leaving the seat up.

At least, I won't be easily forgotton.

Any ideas for the name change?

I was thing about changing my name to............................DA ARSE.  In honor of my Chi-town upbringing.

FinsnFur

I think first you should tell us why you picked Arse and what it means to you.  :eyebrownod:

I have strong doubts that Bopeye meant anything personal with what ever comments he was making. It's just not who he is.

The word arse has been used widely for years on the internet as a replacement for ass. Many of the word filters in place on various forums today will block the word ass or replace it with whatever the webmaster programs it to.

Since arse is a fairly common term amongst the Brits, and the internet provides a boundless playground for all cultures to intermingle and socialize...the term arse quickly found it's way into the American internet vocabulary.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure all Bopeyes ruckus was based on one question. "Why would anyone name themself an ass?"

:wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

arse
Remember when you first came on the forum and used that name? I pm'd ya and tried to suggest it might not be the best choice in names.   :wink:

I don't think Bopeye or anyone else had anything but a good natured ribbing in mind.  I wouldn't take it personal.  Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.  But it does bring to mind that old Johnny Cash song "A Boy Named Sue"?   :laf:  :biggrin:

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI don't think Bopeye or anyone else had anything but a good natured ribbing in mind. I wouldn't take it personal. Life is way too short to sweat the small stuff.

Arse,
Yes, “Arse” is a very “unique” handle, whether you choose to keep it or not is your choice. 
I’m sorry you feel that way about Bopeye but I’m afraid you’ve gotten the wrong idea about him . Like Semp said; “just a little good natured ribbing”, that’s all. We all do it to each other from time to time… you just joined the club.  I wanted you to know I have known Bopeye personally for many years now. He is one of the good guys and a true friend. Yes, sometimes James is a prankster and a comedian but, more often than not, you will find he makes himself the target of his “clowning moments“. I feel absolutely certain any comments made were not intended as a personal insult towards you.

I enjoyed meeting you @ LBL, hope to see you again next time.

Chet
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

Quote from: arse on February 07, 2007, 12:53:40 PM

I know that Bopeye seemed to get the biggest charge out of the name.  I hope that by picking on me that Bopeye left the LBL with just a little more self esteem then what he had when he arrived.  If so, then I have performed a valuable service.  Bopeye will be more productive at work and at home.  I guess that I should change my profession to a Self Esteem Engineer. 

I really don't know what to say guy. :sad: I was kinda looking at you as my internet hero for having the intestinal fortitude to use a name like that for a handle. I guess I wasn't making myself clear to that fact.........I'm really sorry that I have upset you. I thought a guy with a handle like that must have one heck of a sense of humor as well as some very thick hide. My "picking on you" was meant in a praise type sense, not a mean or vindictive way.

I really don't know what else to say, but I hope you can forgive an old ignorant hillbilly his transgressions against you.
My self esteem rarely hinges on bringing distress to someone else...........so I am sorry. I do enjoy laughing and cutting up though.....I guess I misjudged this one.
Tell me your real name and I'll never bring up your handle again.........

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

studabaka

Good grief...... reality check..... For most folks arse = ass ..... does it mean something else to you? What were you trying to communicate to the rest of us with that screen name and given how most read it, why would you not expect such a response? While most folks may have a little arse in them, few walk into a room and introduce themselves as one. I just assumed you were seeking to get a reaction.

As for Bop...... you got that one all wrong.

"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Jeb

Roundman

I tell ya what I would do. I'd find my college buddies and kick some backside for calling me an ass for four years.  :roflmao:

arse

Sorry.  I guess my sense of humor didn't translate well to the screen.  I understand that Bopeye was just kidding and thought that it was funny.  I was not making a comment on Bopeye at all and don't have any hurt feelings nor do I have anything but respect for Bopeye and found him to be very funny at the LBL.  I miscommunicated my message.  I was hoping to get something started like a contest to rename the Arse. 

I really wasn't looking for a reaction about my handle but understand why it is funny.  It is like if your name is Richard Guzzler and you don't go by Rick or Richard.  You are used to it, no big deal.  But when it gets paged over an intercom I would assume that people unaccustomed to the name would find it funny.  True story BTW.

I have been told that I have a dry sense of humour.  I am new to any internet board and this may be my 4th or 5th post ever and my words didn't communicate what was in my head.  This is a good lesson to learn to keep your communication clear and humour obvious on these boards.

A big public, I am sorry to Bopeye.  I, in no way meant to make any disparaging comments about you.  MEA CULPA.  I guess that I proved my nickname.

I had a great time at the LBL and learned a lot from listening to all of you speak of your experiences.  I hope that I haven't permanently ruined my rep on the board.  I hope all that read my first post will read this too.

THO Game Calls

Whew - I sure am glad that's cleared up.  I was just about ready to reffer you to a board where with a name like ARSE you would fit right in with management - maybe even be kin to a few of them.

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Roundman

What board would that be Al?  :innocentwhistle:

THO Game Calls

How about the one that banned me for, among other things, trying to get my fellow call makers to cancel their advertising accounts  ? ? ? ?

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

FinsnFur

LOL  :laf: AL

No harm ARSE...Were good here
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

DirtyDog

Well at least everyone remembered your name.  :roflmao:

arse

The other one wouldn't let me call myself Arse.  How about that for freedom of expression?  Kudos to the 1st amendment choice, Fins and Fur. :highclap:

coyotehunter_1

QuoteI hope that I haven't permanently ruined my rep on the board.  I hope all that read my first post will read this too.

Arse,  no problem here, my friend... You are A-1 in my book!

Chet  :biggrin:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

Bopeye

I'm just glad to see that I indeed have not hurt your feelings.   :yoyo:

I have never worried about making someone mad.........if they get mad, no big deal. They will either get over it or they won't.
Hurting feelings though.......I usually try to avoid that. Takes longer for them to heal.  :wink:

I'm just darn glad to see we are still good.  :wink:
These little emoticons--->  :huh: :roflmao: :rolleye: :pout: :hahaha: :readthis: :wink: .....etc. Help me to communicate my true intent........they don't always do the job, but they help.

Here's a name change for ya ......... aww......nevermind.. :innocentwhistle: :nono:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free