• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Bow Hunter Shocked

Started by nastygunz, November 14, 2009, 02:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

Bow Hunter Shocked By Deer Carcass Complaint
Police Say Hunter Did Nothing Wrong
POSTED: 10:39 am EST November 12, 2009

BOW, N.H. -- A hunter from Bow is aghast that someone called the police to complain because he had a deer carcass hanging in his yard.

Henry Ladd, 81, has been hunting since he was 13. For years, he said, he has hung the carcasses of the animals he's killed in the New Hampshire woods in his yard before they are cut up so they can be eaten.

But on Halloween night, someone called police and complained. Police investigated but said Ladd had done nothing wrong.

Henry Ladd Jr. told the Concord Monitor hunting is a way of life for the family. The Ladds live two doors from each other and said their concern is about the changing social landscape of the town where they were born.

slagmaker

I bet it was a new neighbor that called.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

golfertrout

weedwalker

And probably just the first of several calls. :rolleye:

msmith

It's getting bad these days.  :rolleye:
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

nastygunz

Back in the day you rode around town with your buck and then hung it in the front yard to show your pride in being a good hunter, season the meat, and rub your buddies nose in it a little ....now they ask you to wrap your deer in something to hide it so as not to offend people when your transporting it...no joke, now people chain their deer to a tree when hanging cuz they get stolen!....UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE !!

nastygunz

Ever get the feeling as a hunter, like the old mountain men when civilization was taking over....that the end of your lifestyle is coming ?

FinsnFur

Shoulda hung a dummie from the tree on Halloween night, dressed like the neighbor. :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

HaMeR

I hope somebody tells me I have to wrap my deer up while transporting it.  :eyebrow:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

I saw people here in town last year following people that were leaving the check in station.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.