• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

I bought a drone.

Started by FinsnFur, May 06, 2022, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Ah, Maybe. I got the 107.

bigben

I have always wanted one.  My wife got me a cheap one to mess around with but I cant get it to origin the motors so it will fly flat.  so I kinda just shoved it in the corner of my room and left it alone.  I know theres always a bunch of people flying them up at the lake and until last year they did so creepin n such.  chicks in bikinis or what have you were they thought they were in a private setting and the dang things are above ya vidoeing and such. 

I was fishing at a local impoundment a couple years ago and a guy kept videoing me at pretty close proximity.  I picked up my one 7'6" jig rod with a chatterbait attached and whipped it at it a few times and the one time I think I caught the camera and he got the message.  he was literally 20 yds or so off my boat side videoing me. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

That's pretty cool, Jim. Like a lot of us, I've always wanted one but didn't know what I'd really use it for except maybe scout for game. 

Is it legal to shoot down an offending drone with your 12 gauge?   :wo:

chieftain

guys around here use the drone to bowhunt.

nastygunz

I was out in a cornfield with my 15 year old nephew crowhunting one time and this weirdo with Connecticut license plates walked up to us and started taking pictures of us. Aside from being a freak he was interrupting our hunt so back in my younger days when I wasn't so pleasant and polite 😈 I told him to take a hike or I was gonna shove his camera where the sun don't shine. My nephew said why is he taking pictures of us and I said because he's a goddamn freak ha ha.  :biggrin: if somebody started drone filming me I might have to start slinging lead🤛

Quote from: bigben on May 09, 2022, 09:40:19 AMI have always wanted one.  My wife got me a cheap one to mess around with but I cant get it to origin the motors so it will fly flat.  so I kinda just shoved it in the corner of my room and left it alone.  I know theres always a bunch of people flying them up at the lake and until last year they did so creepin n such.  chicks in bikinis or what have you were they thought they were in a private setting and the dang things are above ya vidoeing and such. 

I was fishing at a local impoundment a couple years ago and a guy kept videoing me at pretty close proximity.  I picked up my one 7'6" jig rod with a chatterbait attached and whipped it at it a few times and the one time I think I caught the camera and he got the message.  he was literally 20 yds or so off my boat side videoing me. 

FinsnFur

Quote from: KySongDog on May 26, 2022, 03:44:14 PMThat's pretty cool, Jim. Like a lot of us, I've always wanted one but didn't know what I'd really use it for except maybe scout for game. 

Is it legal to shoot down an offending drone with your 12 gauge?   :wo:

I dont know that answer KY  :laf:  I've never worried about it because I didnt buy mine to snoop, invade or be a pervert. I like to consider myself a digital creator and I bought it as another filming option when out on the river, and for exploring the river.
With that said..if I had one hovering me while I was on my own land or simply getting too close for comfort...the shotgun sure would be an option.
There's a pretty distinct line between nature and nosey. :readthis:
Also as far as I know from my reading up to make sure I stay within the laws, it's illegal to use them for hunting purposes.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

it is illegal to use them for hunting in New Hampshire.

bigben

Illegal in pa as well. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Currently there is no law in KY that prevents scouting or hunting with a drone.  There has been proposed legislation to change that but nothing has passed in to law yet.  I don't plan on buying a drone anytime soon so it is a moot point for me.

Hawks Feather

Yesterday I was checking pumps at a gas station and while waiting for the man to leave the last pump that I had to check we started talking. He had Arkansas plates and I asked him what brought him to Ohio. He said that he was doing drone work for agriculture in an area from here to about 75 miles and had been here for three months. Needless to say, I said that I had a friend (yes, you Jim) who had just purchased a drone and that while I have done photography always thought of getting one. He opened the back door of his SUV and there was a case about two and a half feet square and probably two feet high. He asked if I wanted to see the one that he normally uses, and I said sure. He opened it up and this sucker was massive without any of the arms extended or anything. He said that with the work he does that the unit has to be able to record all sorts of information and have the accuracy to be able to have it introduced in the Supreme Court if necessary. As set up the unit cost around $23,000 and I said that was a little more than I would want to spend, and he laughed. He said that the company had bought this one and the other two that were in the back. He suggested that if I was looking that I consider the DJI Air 2 (Jim, know anyone who has one) since it had all the bells and whistles that someone who was not planning to do agriculture plotting would ever need. I laughed and told him that if I couldn't get one like he showed me that I might just need to wait a little longer. Nice conversation and a great break from pump certifications.