• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

All In All We Had Fun

Started by Bills Custom Calls, January 21, 2007, 03:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bills Custom Calls

I got up early Sat morning.Drove to OhioBob's House and we rode together to this hunt up above Ashland,Ohio.When we left it was 28 degrees and light winds.We drove about 80 Miles to meet up with 3 other guys.It is still Dark when we get there when we get out of the truck to shoot the bull we find the temp dropped 10 degrees with a light wind and had a light snow sometime over night .I thinking today is the day conditions seem right.
Boy was I wrong. We get to our first set as we  are walking and placing people we find coyote tracks with a dusting of snow in them so Maybe 3 or 4 hours old .So now its time caller all set up everyone ready day light enough to see. I am really sure that since it was OhioBob's e caller and he was pushing buttons on the remote that he pushed the one marked WIND insted of distress we ended up with wind gust well in the 20 or 30 mph with a steady wind at least 15 to 20 mph.So we did a few sets with no results at every set samething coyote tracks in every feild so we know the dogs are their but we got beat again.

So we decide to do little crow calling.Well why not they had followed us around all morning.So everyone is ready the ecaller set and here we go the crows are coming in quick and all 5 crows hold up above the woods just out of range .so all in all we had fun.

Bill
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

Sounds like one of my hunts............ :madd:

At least ya got to take your gun for a walk...... :biggrin:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Ladobe

No doubt you gents had the wrong "E" caller - needed something more like this to be absolutely positive you'd get through the wind...

:innocentwhistle:  :roflmao:

At least you got out for a day with some friends in the field.   That's pretty special all by itself... everything else is just icing on the cake.

Enjoyed the read - thanks for sharing.  :congrats:

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Jimmie in Ky

Larry shame on you  :roflmao:  :roflmao: Jimmie

FinsnFur

I agree with these guys, a bum day out there is better then not getting to go at all.  :highclap:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

Bill

i haven't been "available" here lately but i just now seen this post,,we didnt get anything BUT i had fun,well except for falling asleep at the wheel and almost meeting OUR MAKER,,lol,,i just got some GREAT NEWS today and i think i will have a lot of spare time to get out and do some calling,,but my first priority is gettin my lawyer on the SAME page as me and THEN we will hit the coyotes hard,,and i told the youngest boy today he can go with us and HE WAS HAPPY AS HELL
now we need to get Zach and Blackfish down here and show them we CANT out think the yotes down here either :madd:
hell we just FINALLY got some damn snow and the friggin single digit temps to go along with it,,hell Goose and Duck season went out last Sunday so its ALL yotes and fox and crows from here on out :yoyo:
at least one thing Bill,,we laugh like hell when we go out anyway and to me thats great medicine in my book

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???