• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Words Changing

Started by CCP, January 28, 2007, 07:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCP

As I was growing up we had breakfast dinner and supper. Now the world around me has changed that to Breakfast lunch and dinner. Does this mean Jesus had the last DINNER and not the last supper?

I don't night hunt so I rarely read a post about a night hunt. Here lies the problem a lot of people say things like, last night me and my friend shot this nice coyote. When I look at the post it is an evening hunt in daylight you know  like afternoon. What gives!!! So I am to believe that night = afternoon now!

Here are what the words have alway meant to me let me know were Iam wrong so i can be hip again.

Breakfast= Early morning meal
Dinner= Mid day meal
Supper= Late afternoon or dust dark meal

Daylight=When the suns first light rays are visible
Morning= Daylight till around 11:00am
Noon=12:00PM or can be 11:30am till 1:00PM
After noon= 1:00PM till About 2 hours before dark.
Evening or late afternoon= 2hours before dark till dark.
Dark= Dark, more than likely cant see because its Dark as in Black out.
Night=after dark has arrived it is usually the time I am sleeping.

If  last night is still evening Iam screwed because we have no night hunting in this state meaning I would have to stop hunting around 3 or 4 pm. in the evening or 3or4 in the night not sure anymore.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

You ain't wrong.  But me thinks everyone else may be.   :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Yeah that's funny you say that Rich, because I tried to call you last night after dinner. By the time I could get back to the phone I figured it'd be to late or you'd be eating supper.

I'll try again tomorrow afternoon, were going to go do some night hunting and I should be home before supper  :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyotehunter_1

Rich,
Yep, looks like I'm non-hip too! :confused:

BTW< We need to do brunch sometime... Have your prople call my people...

:roflmao:
Please visit our ol' buddies over at: http://www.easterncoyotes.com

Born and raised in the southern highlands of Appalachia, I'm just an ol' country boy who enjoys calling coyotes... nothing more, nothing less.

studabaka

In my neck of the woods they raised us thinking the mid day meal was lunch and the evening meal was dinner or supper. Also, daylight had two meanings..... first light of day....or.... portion of day with light.

A couple of additions.....

Dawn - period of increasing light before sunrise [per NC regs this is 30 min in duration]
Twilight - period of decreasing light right after sunset [also 30 min in duration per regs]
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

CCP

So dawn and daybreak could be one of the same?
Twilight could go somewhere in the end of late afternoon evening?

OK Iam getting a little into the hip crowd.
I just cant bring myself to use Dawn and Twilight they just don't seem like manly words more of a California type words. :biggrin:

Even though Iam not real religious I will still stick with Jesus and my last meal of the day is Supper.

My wifes mother is like Jim a Yankee and uses dawn, twilight, Dinner and night different than I. Maybe its a geographical thing.

Iam just glad Iam not in Alaska I bet the whole night day thing would really confuse my backwoods redneck thoughts. :roflmao:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

I dont use dawn, it doesn't rinse real well. Leaves a film. I switched to Ajax  :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

studabaka

I think your right CCP...... I too was raised 'Yankee'  :shck: I tried to get the dinner /supper thing fixed, but I guess I have too much baggage on acount of mom always scoulding me for being late for dinner. Course that was back in the day when family dinner [supper] was a popular event.

Anyway.... I'm not sure I'll get to LBL for Thursday dinner, but should roll in in time to catch supper. Then again, I may head out around twilight on Wednesday so could possibly catch ya'll around ajax on Thursday.

Clearly I can't claim to be hip and I was only in California once for a couple days, but I am partial to Robert Frost  :wink:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

studabaka :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Jimmie in Ky

I'll stick to redneck, and your all nut's  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

Ladobe

No doubt about it, if this is the kind of buck brush philosiphy that is the norm at the LBL, the Digger Wars Militia crew that comes to my spring shoots would fit right in.    :roflmao:

Dawn to dusk, daybreak to night fall, daylight to twilight, sun up to sun down, morning to mid morning to noon, mid afternoon to afternoon to late afternoon, early evening to late evening, day to night, midnight to the wee hours.....   

Can't you easterners agree on anything?    :innocentwhistle:

We have a great time at the LDDR&VS too, but nothing is sacred...

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Bills Custom Calls

Ok I may stand corrected Just be cause it is dark outside does't mean that it is night But it does sound better to say a night hunt instead of a dark hunt.  :roflmao:

Dinner,Supper I was raised up saying supper when I got married my wife calls it dinner.So it depends on weather you were raised On the hill in the valley over here or over there but one thing is for sure is that if you miss one you will be hungry till the net one rolls around. :roflmao:

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Bopeye

I'm so cornfused now......... :confused: I do believe I'm with Rich though. Can't think that I'll start calling Dawn "Ajax".......... :huh:

You are nutballs.... :roflmao: :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

fuzz624

You all have got me all cornfused.I have always thought there was just night and day.You guys keep this up and im gonna have to buy a dictionary to talk on here.

ohiobob

Quote from: CCP on January 28, 2007, 10:02:56 AM

Twilight could go somewhere in the end of late afternoon evening?

OK so when would a twinite doubleheader be?

Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???