• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

The anatomy of a forum discussion

Started by Ladobe, January 30, 2007, 12:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

Don't know who the author of this is... but it is amazing true.    :wink:

How many message board readers does it take to change the light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add only... "Me too".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

Three to tell a funny story about their chickens and a light bulb.

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Hawks Feather

Did you know that the third sentence from the end has no ending punctuation?   :roflmao:  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  And yes, I find myself guilty of several of those items.

Jerry

ROOSTER

AWSparrows

Todd Rahm

:confused:  So how do ya change a light bulb?  :innocentwhistle:

Thats funny Larry!  :biggrin: 

vvarmitr

Here is a link to some more funny stuff ...
http://finsandfur.net/forums/index.php?board=30.0    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just trying to do my part. :laf:

KySongDog

Quote from: Ladobe on January 30, 2007, 12:59:53 PM
Don't know who the author of this is... but it is amazing true.    :wink:

How many message board readers does it take to change the light bulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and then add only... "Me too".

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

Three to tell a funny story about their chickens and a light bulb.

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

me too.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:   :roflmao:

browning204

This post reminds me of a question I have, Will a .17 HMR kill a coyote?
FOXPRO, THE TRUE LEADER IN IMITATION!!!

Obamerica      GOD HELP US!

Brad H

I wonder if a guy can build a custom light bulb?

Brad

slagmaker

This is a humourus post and as such should not have been postd in the "tailgate" but should have actually been posted in the "Humor" section of the forum.

Ya forgot the one where soomeone points out its in the wrong section of the forum.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Ladobe

Jerry -
That was covered by the rule in line 5.   So all we need is 6 more like you to complete that requirement.   Thanks.   Besides, I can't take responsibility for the punctuation errors of the author... I just did a copy and paste.    :innocentwhistle:

Todd -
Since you are in the dark so much of the year just because of where you live, it stands to reason that it is also your normal method of operation to be in the dark about everything by default.   So I don't think any of us really expected you to know how to change a light bulb.    :eyebrow:

Semp -
Got you on the list as a known waster of bandwidth.    :wink:

Browning204 -
Your question is irrelevant to the current topic open for discussion.    :madd:   

Brad H-
Are you trying to hijack this thread by changing the topic?    :confused:

Slagmaker -
Well actually, it more closely matches fact than humor, and why it was intentionally not posted in the humor forum.   So your comment was totally without just cause.    :rolleye:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

THO Game Calls

Ahhhh.....nevermind

Carry on.,

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

Pilgrim

After line 3 - One to add "That might work with those dim western light bulbs, but you'd never get away with that on these bigger and brighter eastern light bulbs."

And somewhere in that bottom half - One to say "We have enough anti-light-bulb-changers out there to worry about.  Let's don't have any dissension among our own ranks of fellow light-bulb-changers."

Then four more that say  - "+1"

slagmaker

Then you have the people that will apolloigize after someone points out the error of there ways and after a simple short explination they agree that it is a factual post and not truley a humorus one.

Showing that they learned a valuable lesson between the diffrences of fact and humor and that yes it is true, sometimes fact is funnier than fiction.

these people usually thank the person who pointed out the miss step and quickley become a two faced traitor to the original idea that they held to. These people are usually Canadain.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

THO Game Calls

QuoteThese people are usually Canadain

Or amphibians

Or one of the same

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Jimmie in Ky

Damn! Yah'll need something to do, go shoot a light bulb already.  :eyebrownod: Jimmie

Bopeye

Quote from: slagmaker on February 01, 2007, 12:49:44 AM
These people are usually Canadain.

I just wanted to point out that I did not say this or put him up to it... :laf:

This is in the wrong forum and we all know Todd is in the dark.  :biggrin:

How many watts are these light bulbs that we are speaking about and can they be purchased at Wal-mart or do you need to go to a specialty store?  :wo:

Don't know of any known trouble makers on this particular board, but have seen a few elsewhere........ :eyebrownod:

:roflmao: :laf: :roflmao: :laf: :roflmao: :laf:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

THO Game Calls

If you're not home and the lights go out - is it dark?  Does it matter?

Do canadians even have electricty?  Or does everything up there run on hot air?  Gas maybe? 

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com