• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New toy followed me home...

Started by Ladobe, February 01, 2007, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladobe

New toy... now I just have to learn how to use it.   Been a long time since I was 6... as in "so simple a 6 year old can do it".    So I hope the old feeble mind is up to it.

Pretty neat camera that will do everything except maybe mow the lawn.   Fast lens, super fast processor, image stabilizer and lots of storage on a high speed 8GB SD card.   Can take up to 64 minutes of movies with stereo sound at 30 frames per second and 640x480 resolution.   I don't mess with low resolution pictures, no need with 2816X2112 snap shots that'll fit on the card ranging from 9648 in normal mode to 2816 in super fine mode.   Will also do from 3700 to over 13000 2816X15854 panoramas depending on resolution.   And if you really get pressed, it'll do over 69,000 lower resolution pictures on one card.   Ought to be enough pics to get me through even an extended vacation (or more likely life time).   :shck:

This is my forth digital camera since they first came out, but there is little doubt that this one will really bury my professional SLR (with every accessory known to man) even deeper into the world of no longer used.

Among the first priorities will be learning how to use it with the photo tent/lighting setup I also bought after reading Al's excellent short tutorial on it.   Just need to make the time (its amazing how little "free" time you really have when you are retired).

L.

USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus

Hawks Feather

This is a bad thing for me to look at.  I better just keep saying "Burl Barn", "Burl Barn" not I want a camera like that.

Jerry

vvarmitr

Ladobe

Quote from: vvarmitr on February 02, 2007, 08:32:09 AM
Is it a SLR digital? :shrug:

Not in the true sense of a SLR it is not.   But since both the view finder and 2" screen show exactly 100% of what the lens itself see's at all focal lengths, it effectively copies an SLR.   It's a Canon S3 IS digital.
USN 1967-1971

Thou shalt keep thy religious beliefs to thyself please.  Meus