• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

How much does it REALLY cost?

Started by FinsnFur, December 11, 2009, 07:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

How much does it REALLY cost?...for a manufacturer to build an electronic caller?

Surely not somewhere between $300 and $1500 which is what would be led to believe based on a lot of the prices.

Check this out, and who makes it. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0060269629413a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Product_liberal&QueryText=doorbell&sort=all&Go.y=6&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=8&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

They're kinda letting the cat out of the bag aint they?   :roflmao:

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

That does ask some questions doesn't it   :laf:.  I can see it now will be on a few companys pooh list :hahaha:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Yotehntr

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

CCP

Seems like the guy that made the loudmouth that used to work for foxpro said somewhere on the forms way back when that the 416 cost less than a 80.00 bucks to make. I am sure that post is long gone. Do any of you remember that?

I would think if someone took an original mold the start up cost would be fairly large.If someone takes a mold already setup it would not be so bad. As we all no the electronics in the calls or simple fairly cheap to get.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Yup!
I cant recall his last name but first name was Wayne wasnt it?
Loudmouth game calls
Mannnn did I spend a lot of time on the phone with that guy when he was trying to sell me a caller while administering PM.

Now that you mention it, Rich...I do recall him saying that. Building them for dirt selling them for gold. :nono:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

timbertoes

100% Chinese.

speaker in a housing, $1.5
rf remote  $1.50
misc electronics maybe $1

and I would bet I am very close.
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

timbertoes

American made, American Salaries the cost is in overhead,
and the moldings they use.

the other cost is thier low volume pricing for electronics.

But made here :)
Meet your adversary on a common ground of wits and skill.
Leave the E-caller at home with the video games.

CCP

QuoteAmerican made, American Salaries the cost is in overhead,

There is a difference in Made in America and assembled in America.

The e-caller companies claiming "made in America" really means "assembled in America".

The molding and electronics and most all electronic components they use come from other countries and are assembled here.

When a company states "made in America" and knowingly knows their components and molding comes from over seas they are using our patriotism for our country as a common sales pitch to sell us stuff. This is a sad and an awful truth these companies are way worse than the ones openly using other countries to produce their products at least their not lying to the American public and exploiting American patriotism just to make a profit.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

This thing doesn't say "American Made", so unless Extreme Dimensions is run by a group of Nazi's I have to believe it's made off shore. Theoretically they should be inexpensive then right?

So hypothetically, "American Made" ecallers, some of which are made by this same exact company, the cost is in moldings and salaries?
I dont buy it  :nono:
Actually I'm willing to roll with half of that... salaries which is the exact point being made here. These guys are shanking us hardcore with these things. And Extreme Dimensions is exposing it.

Yeah the callers have a lot more bells and whistles, but $500 dollars worth?   :nono: Nuh uhh.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

KySongDog

The price of something usually has little to do with the cost of something.   It is the market that determines the price.  Have you ever tried to sell something you paid, say, $100 for and all you could get on Epray was $25?   No one really cares what your cost is.  It is what the market will pay that counts.

pitw

Quote from: Semp on December 12, 2009, 06:03:57 AM
The price of something usually has little to do with the cost of something.   It is the market that determines the price.  Have you ever tried to sell something you paid, say, $100 for and all you could get on Epray was $25?   No one really cares what your cost is.  It is what the market will pay that counts.

This so true and the reason why buying antiques has been a good investment for the past 100 years.  A new car depreciates by a huge amount upon driving it off the lot[there is another one already there to take it's place].  An old car has already lost all the lustre and false value and there isn't another one to replace it so it actually goes up in value.

FinsnFur

You'd think that with as many Ecaller companies as there is today that one of them could literally corner the market with a little bit fairer pricing.
But that dont happen. New E-caller companies are born instead as everyone wants a slice of the prospering anarchy.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

pitw

Damb thread :argh:.  I took this over to another site we all know and [      ] :wink:.  Did some chirping so now I gotta buy one and prove it will work as a caller :doh2:.

pitw

Well then again maybe not  :biggrin:

Your account has been banned or locked. This ban will expire on 01/11/10 12:15 PM. If the Administrator has specified a reason for this ban, you will find it below.

Your posting privleages have been suspended pending an administrative review.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

CCP

Speak the truth to the choir and this is what yo get. :laf: After someone spends 500 bucks plus on a caller they dont want to hear anything negative nor say anything negative. This would have them have to admit they made a 500 buck bad decision. :laf:

Dont get me wrong I love my electronic callers at times. Early season uneducated coyotes and crows, a good ole electronic is hard to beat.

I dont agree with the prices but as Semp stated that is what the market prices are. Funny thing is if they came out with a caller just as good and with the same quality as a $500.00 dollar caller but for less than $200.00 alot guys would call it cheap and say things like "save your money and buy the $500.00 caller."

These are the same guys that buy the Browning and puts down the guy with the savage.We all know which one shoots the best groups straight out the box. :eyebrownod:

It's also like a friend of mine in the antique biz in his store one day I noticed a lamp for $300.00. I ask what as so special about it? Floyd said nothing it was a $75.00 dollar lamp but if he put $75.00 on it no one would buy it. No one wants a cheap lamp in there collection and nobody wants a cheap gun or caller in there collection. Go figure I dont care if the price is high or cheap if it works for what I want then I use it.
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

KySongDog

QuoteFunny thing is if they came out with a caller just as good and with the same quality as a $500.00 dollar caller but for less than $200.00 alot guys would call it cheap and say things like "save your money and buy the $500.00 caller."

These are the same guys that buy the Browning and puts down the guy with the savage.We all know which one shoots the best groups straight out the box. eyebrownod

That is where "marketing" comes in to play.  The manufacturer spends big bucks on ad campaigns, Pro Staff testimonials (  :biggrin: ), and overall hype to build the perception that their product is the end all and be all of ecallers.  They spend this money in hopes of building demand for their ecaller and, of course, maximize profits.  Same for guns, cars, trucks, any product in the market place really.

FinsnFur

:confused: Where's all these ProStaff guys at?
We normally got people in here puking hype all over the floor representing these companies, and now it's like the night before Christmas. :huh:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

coycaller

Quote from: FinsnFur on December 12, 2009, 07:28:04 PM
:confused: Where's all these ProStaff guys at?
We normally got people in here puking hype all over the floor representing these companies, and now it's like the night before Christmas. :huh:

Speaking of which, where has possumal disappeared to?  Haven't seen the ole possum post anything, anywhere for a long time.  Possumal, you still around?

HaMeR

I sure wish I knew how to build one of those e-callers. I would sell them for a whole lot less $$ than the competition & make every owner a Pro Staffer!!  :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11