• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

NRA Convention in Pittsburgh

Started by Frogman, May 02, 2011, 05:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frogman

Three shooting friends and I attended the NRA Convention in Pittsburgh over the weekend.  I didn't think to take my camera, so no photos. 

The exhibit area was on two floors of the convention center.  Any company who makes gear for shooters and hunters was likely to have a display at the convention.  Most firearm manufacturers were represented as were the optics companues, the reloading component companies, the tactical companies, etc., were there.  We went on Friday and Saturday.  The floor was quite crowded on Friday, and really crowded on Saturday. 

Most firearms manufactureres must be doing quite well as they had very elaborate and large exhibit areas. 

Nearly everyone had a 1911 pattern pistol and an AR type rifle. 

Hornady was hyping their new Superformance Varmint cartridges.  I asked them if the new 53 grain .224 bullets were avaiable to handloaders.  The answer was, "Not yet, we are having trouble keeping up with demand for the ammunition."  They should be available in the future.

I got to see Michael Bane do a presentation.  He is the guy that hosts several of the Outdoor Channel Wednesday night at the Range shows. 

"George" from Top Shot was there.  Ted Nugent was signing books at his booth, but not when I walked by?  R. Lee Ermy was there too.

Not much predator hunting stuff there.  Foxpro had an exhibit and a couple of light companies.  I looked at those green laser lights that are advertised in Predator Extreme.  The looked kind of interesting.  A little pricey though??

The convention was really awesome.  It was great to see the aisles packed with so many shooters and hunters.

I really hate it that I didn't take my camera.  I could have posted lots of pics.  Sorry?? 

I enjoyed the convention.  If you have a chance to attend one, don't miss it!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

KySongDog

Coyote101 and I attended the NRA Convention that was held in Louisville.   It is a sight to see.   Everyone should try to go to one of those at least once.