• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Dusted the curs off....

Started by Yotehntr, November 09, 2019, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Knocked the dust off the curs and took them hunting this morning.. 2nd set in we had a taker, hit him a little far back at 174 yards (buddy's range finder) he took off and we kept calling to see if we had another taker... nope.  I have to tie the curs up behind me these days, I'd never get a  shot if I didn't.  Walked them to where the coyote was when I shot and in about 3-5 min's they had him cornered. Property had a very small culvert down a wash and there she was.  Roi drug it out by it's arse LOL. That's one rough dog.  They roughed it up a little and we headed out for some more hunting.

In front of the culvert where Roi drug him... there was action just before and after this pic.

Our next stand I saw one come in from a pretty good way off, raised the gun and  :confused:  thought it already crossed the fence.  No matter steady up and squeeze.. cows everywhere btw, then I saw my coyote running after burners on full speed.   :shrug:  I would've swore I made a good shot... got the ki-yi's rollin and it stopped.... dang cows in the way kept calling, it came back again after about 3 min's.. but a cow would've felt the wind across it's nose it turned around and left. My buddy starts ribbing me   :hahaha: "miss Gainey"....  :argh:  I walk the curs over there and less than 5 min's Dan starts raising "L" then Roi join's in...  There were 2 coyote's got 1 :eyebrow:.  action pics of my 176 yard shot.

black and white action...

"you seeing this dad?"

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

riverboss

Pretty cool! Dogs seem to add to the hunt.

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

Yotehntr

They do, I've had a bit of a learning curve with them.  Started out they'd sit behind me just by obedience.. they're to intense now, have to tie them up. At that when they see a coyote or someone shoots they go crazy.  Just starting calling this morning they start whining. (Did I mention they're a little intense?) I used to try to keep them quite but seems like they explain the sound to the coyote's now. I've shot one, they go crazy and the 2nd one come running in to see what the dogs are about.  :doh2:  If they break free, (it happens) the coyote will run away, they don't let up until I "tone" them back.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

Looks like a whack of fun Brad :highclap:.  Coulda used them up here yesterday. :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

Always enjoy your stories and pictures. 

Weather has started to cool down out here so I may try to get out this week. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

KySongDog

Great story and pics, Brad!   Looks like a lot of fun.