• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Needing optics

Started by slagmaker, September 09, 2020, 07:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

ok all you FNFnFrs, I am looking to add a monocular to my collection of optics.

Sunday I was out squirrel hunting and was thinking of ways to lessen my pack weight.  One of the things I thought of was ditching my compact binos and going with a monocular.

Any of you have any experience with them? What are your thoughts on mono V bino.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

I have been using a little camouflage 8X power monocular for about 20 years now.  I could never get a set of binoculars to work good wearing glasses.  I have my monocular on a piece of cord with a little clip on the end of it and I take it with me on every hunt especially turkey hunting.  Super lightweight and works perfectly I carry in my pocket then when I'm on my stand I clip it to my shirt and let it hang and lift it up when I need it.  If I am hunting a big field then I will usually throw my spotting scope in the backpack but for everything else I use my monocular especially in the woods.  I can't even remember the last time I've owned a pair of binoculars.  I have thought about getting a more powerful monocular and a newer one but my old one just keeps on working. This one is just like mine:

remrogers

Am a fan of Votex optics. Not cheap, but great quality and they stand behind their products.

slagmaker

Thank you nasty and rem. I was looking at a vortex 10x25 on Amazon last night but wasn't sure if I wanted a 10 power or an 8. So I am still doing the research but by my thinking more power would be better than not enough.

FinsnFur

Is that gonna be for finding more fishing holes? :shrug:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

slagmaker

Nah, looking for squirrels. My fishing hole finding is usually done from satellite and Ariel photography and driving around.

slagmaker

Looks like I am going with the vortex solo 8x25.  Its a little pricier but not that bad and I have had good dealings with vortex in the past.