• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

Started by nastygunz, June 24, 2021, 02:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Becky and I may need to check this out if we have time.  Headed to Maine on Saturday.  We normally stop at Portland on the way to Boothbay Harbor but might be able to swing a little south to see it.  We plan to celebrate our 50th anniversary (it was planned for last year) and have the kids and grandkids coming to help the celebration.

nastygunz

No way!  Congratulations on the 50th anniversary that is an accomplishment! I would definitely recommend old orchard beach that is a family favorite place to go on vacation.  :yoyo:

"Things to do in and around Old Orchard Beach

Old Orchard Beach, Maine: The way vacations should be! Our seven-mile long stretch of wide sandy beach is understandably the major attraction but when visiting Old Orchard Beach there is a full range of things available to see and do in and around Maine’s premier beach resort. There is something for everyone including shopping, indoor karting, mini golf, watching the weekly fireworks, fishing, amusement parks, parasailing, biking on the Eastern Trail, touring the variety of restaurants and dining options, and so much more! The list goes on and the fun never ends in and around Old Orchard Beach."

Hawks Feather

That makes it even more inviting for a visit.

nastygunz

Lottttt of stuff to do there.  It's kind of like a throwback place.

Okanagan

Don't know why but I can't see any pics Nasty posts.  It has been that way for the past few weeks.  Everybody else seems to see them so it must be my computer.

Hawks Feather

We went to Old Orchard today on our way to Portland.  We got there around 4:30 p.m. and it looked like everyone from the tri-state area was there.  We didn't seen any open street parking and $20 per car was more than I wanted to cough up for at most an hour of walking around.  We drove the 'amusement park' street a couple of times and decided that was good enough for as busy as it was.  Did I mention that there were MANY many MANY people there?  Getting out was a trip-I needed to make a left onto the main outgoing street which took about 15 minutes.  Seemed like many of the MANY people were ready to leave and weren't interested in slowing or stopping to let cars out.  It did look like a pretty neat area and we may go down in a day or two with the grandkids and hope that a weekday is not as busy as a weekend.