• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Buck poaching cherries from our tree

Started by Okanagan, July 17, 2021, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

He doesn't come out in daylight... except when the cherries got ripe

I moved in close to take these pics, 30 feet, and he strolled off into the neighbor's trees and brush.  I went back to cleaning fish and within 5 minutes he was back eating cherries from the low branches.

pitw

I hope you ain't looking for advice on what to do with him.  I've seen some of your meals and believe ya know what to do. :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

Great minds think a like  :innocentwhistle: Thems big cherrys!

Okanagan

Not sure why the cherries look so big in the pics.  Normal size Bing cherries.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Okanagan on July 17, 2021, 10:30:07 PM
Not sure why the cherries look so big in the pics.  Normal size Bing cherries.

Anything that is closer to the camera will have the effect of being larger.  If the cherries were on the same focal plane as the deer they would appear normal size. 

nastygunz

So what you're saying is it's basically the same principle as when Mr. champion holds a fish away from his body and closer to the camera it makes them look bigger?  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: nastygunz on July 19, 2021, 05:09:27 PM
So what you're saying is it's basically the same principle as when Mr. champion holds a fish away from his body and closer to the camera it makes them look bigger?  :innocentwhistle:  :biggrin:

That would be correct!

nastygunz

Okanagan

That buck is probably showing other deer his long-armed pics and bragging about the big cherries he got last week!

FinsnFur

You had me at, "I went back to cleaning fish". Now whats the story there? :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 19, 2021, 09:08:31 PM
You had me at, "I went back to cleaning fish". Now whats the story there? :eyebrownod:

The bait worked!   :laf:

A writer and story teller trick is to drop a teaser of info into another story to create curiosity in the reader/listener who will stay with the story to see if the teaser bit is going to be explained.  If not, listeners will ask the story teller to tell about the teaser.

One time when I went to a pro writer seminar, the guy up front told us to take five minutes and describe a room.  It is hard to do that and not be boring.    My description of a room started, “The oddest thing about the bullet hole was how out of place it seemed in that room.”  Then I described the classy room and never explained the bullet hole.  One wannabe author objected during our feedback time, saying that I had cheated.  You bet I did!  At the end of that session the writer running it grinned and asked, "OK, how did the bullet hole get there?"

We have been catching a lot of salmon lately, and I clean them at a fish table set well out on the lawn, near the cherry trees.  The buck and other deer sometimes eat cherries and watch me clean and chunk up fish to give to various people.  It is all my son’s place and my wife and I are living in the guest apartment. 

FinsnFur

That was pretty sly! [emoji23]
Ahhhhh I love it lol

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com