• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Annie - AKA Little granddaughter

Started by Coyotes-R-Us, August 29, 2021, 08:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyotes-R-Us

School is on Basketball practice 5 nights a week, Girl scouts. My GD is getting busy and harder to get her out. We slipped out yesterday after dinner to shoot a box of shells in her Howa. My deer target is a picture of a doe standing slightly quartering towards you, not a good practice angle for beginners.
I'm having a hard time getting her to come off a shoulder shot and moving back two inches.
I printed off one last night of a buck and its shoulder is much more defined Hoping it will look more like the real thing to her.
Anyway, she shot 15 times at the "Deer" at 160 yards and all but one I feel would be dead deer shots. One she whiffed over the top of the deer for whatever reason.
In the last five shots, we always make fun. I taped 5 clay pigeons onto the target board and she went five for five, which Made her and me very happy.Clap
The shells we are using for practice are factory load 120 gr some kind of bullets and are fair out of her gun close to an inch at 100 just slightly over.
We worked a load with 8208 and 123 sst for hunting, I can get just under a half-inch whit them but they shoot in an entirely different POI.
A week or so before hunting season I will go and re-zero with the 123's. The components are SOOO hard to come by we will not use them for killing paper deer.
I'm going to try and slip out Next week and test my red dot and 7X5 1 3/8 oz. reloads in the Stoeger on some sharptail grouse, or a dove that forgot to fly south.
I'm waiting for word back from the state on the " snowdog's" registration so I may shoot some paint on it as we wait.
old is the new young

FinsnFur

Now you gotta like that [emoji16]
Thanks for sharing that story

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Are you using a red dot optic for wing shooting?

"I'm going to try and slip out Next week and test my red dot and 7X5 1 3/8 oz. reloads in the Stoeger on some sharptail grouse, or a dove that forgot to fly south."

Coyotes-R-Us

old is the new young

nastygunz

I would be interested in your results, I have been thinking about doing that myself!