• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

New camo job on Bushmaster

Started by possumal, August 19, 2007, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possumal

I finally worked out the time, and got the camo done on my Bushmaster.  I guess I am not too slow, considering I have  had the durned thing about 9 months.  I used Bowflage, 5 different colors, and like the effect pretty well.  Thought I'd give you yahoos a looksee.  Bowflage is hard to find these days, but there is still some available at some of the wholesale suppliers.

Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

weedwalker

iahntr

Scott

Todd Rahm

Damn fine job.  :congrats: Looks real sharp.

FinsnFur

I agree, looks good. What'd you use for your stencils?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ohiobob

Picasso.........is that you ???  NICE JOB Al !!!  :yoyo: :congrats:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???

Bopeye

Where is it?  :confused:

Oh, I see it now........ :eyebrownod:

Looks good.  :thumb2:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Hawks Feather

You did a nice job on selecting your colors.  It will be able to be used about any time of the year.

Jerry

possumal

Thanks to all for the compliments. Jim, I used the stencils that Bowflage sends with the kits and added some leaves out of the yard to give a different effect from the fern pattern they give you.  I am going to do my Browning Abolt 243 next when I get time. I sold the Bushnelll Scopechief shown on it in earlier pictures and purchased one of the Burris 6.5X x 20X x 50mm Fullfield with the Military Dot Ballistic plex reticle, and I really like it a lot.  I have a sunshade ordered for it and will do the camo when it comes in. The camo job on the 243 has held up well for over 8 years of hard hunting, so I know that Bowflage is a superior product and easy to use.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Silencer

That turned out sweet Al, great job, way better than my home sprayed guns !!

KillerCaller!

That looks really good, Al. I don't have the nads to paint a gun on my own. 

possumal

Hey Killer Caller: It does not take nads, as you call them.  If you can get some removable Bowflage, just do a test pattern on a board until you get the hang of it, and then go for it.  You can't really mess up.  If you want, you can take the clear remover and take it off and start over.  They do not make the product anymore, but there is still some available at some of the wholesale outlets.  The worst you can do is camo it so good that you lose it in the woods.  :roflmao: :roflmao: One thing to remember is to clean your stock and all metal with denatured alcohol and let it dry before spraying the Bowflage on.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff