• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

She's Ready For Walleye

Started by weedwalker, February 16, 2008, 02:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weedwalker

Instead of huntin' today, I spent the day getting my boat ready to hit the lake for those walleye. I put fresh gas in it, new lower end lube, and got it started up and purrin'. It's about time to hit the lake.
I have a 16' Ranger Cherokee with a 40 HP Merc. It ain't no speed boat but it's nice and comfortable to fish out of.

DirtyDog

Hawks Feather

Where is the SNOW in that picture?  That is all we have around here.  But that may change tomorrow when the rain starts.  That is unless it is snow and not rain.

Nice looking boat.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Real nice looking set up :yoyo: Ya gotta love Walleye fishing.
How long have you had that boat. The only thing I dont think I'd like is the deep v hull. They get too rough. But dont get me wrong...I'd take your set up in a heart beat :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

weedwalker

Quote from: FinsnFur on February 16, 2008, 07:46:35 PM
Real nice looking set up :yoyo: Ya gotta love Walleye fishing.
How long have you had that boat. The only thing I dont think I'd like is the deep v hull. They get too rough. But dont get me wrong...I'd take your set up in a heart beat :biggrin:

Thanks Jim, It's a 2000 model bought new. It's like a deep V on the front but the back 3/4 of it is flat bottomed. I've had a few bass boats and rode in several others. This is the smothest riding bass boat I've ever been in.

Quote from: Hawks Feather on February 16, 2008, 05:49:24 PM
Where is the SNOW in that picture?  That is all we have around here.  But that may change tomorrow when the rain starts.  That is unless it is snow and not rain.

Nice looking boat.

Jerry

The snow is supposed to be here Monday now that I'm ready to go fishing.

cb223

I'm a little confused  :confused: It's February. Does that thing just kinda slide over the ice.   :biggrin: That must be what the 3/4 flat bottom is for.  :biggrin:

Looks like a nice setup. I'd be happy with it.
CHAD

weedwalker

Well, I tried for the walleye yesterday. They weren't biting.  :madd: I ended up with 4 rainbow trout, 1 small bass, and a bluegill. It was still better than sitting at home all day though.

DirtyDog

Nice work Ed  :yoyo: .....I may take a break from the turkey hunting to get out here in a week or 2.

FinsnFur

Turkey huntin?
Ya told us the other day, you got caught sleepin in. What time do you go turkey hunting? After lunch?

Weedwalker, at least ya didnt get skunked. I got a feeling were gonna be seeing some dandy Walleyes posted by ya. :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com