Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

The older UCC line was optically brighter and resolved a tad better to my eyes than the Leupold VX-III line.

The Monarch Gold 30mm scopes are exceptionally good for the $$, although a bit heavy and bulky. I have previously used one in 1.5-6x42mm #4 to hunt feral hogs at night. With little cloud cover and at least 1/3 moon, resolving  heads or tail on feral hogs out to 100 yards was apparent.

Bob D

I got two of the Monarch 30 mm scopes because they were allot less than the other Euro scopes. They are good scopes. I got the 56 mm objective lenses . If I had to do it over , I would get  smaller objective diameter scopes . I have one on my ar 15 and you have to hold your head high to shoot it. I like a solid cheek weld when I shoot and this set up doesn't get it.
Bob

Frogman

I bought the Nikon Pro Staff 3 - 9 x 40 camo coated scope for my new R-15 for $150.00.  I like it really well mounted on this rifle.  Here is a photo . . . .

This is a much better scope than the NCStar mounted on my older carry handle AR.  I like the camo pattern on it and it looks nice on the R-15.  I also like the clarity of the scope and the relatively fine crosshair.  This is the scope I have used to shoot the groups I have posted elsewhere on this forum with the R-15.  Works for me!!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

msmith

I have 3 of the Prostaff Rimfire Classics. I really like this scope for a .22. The clarity is great and they work great for squirrel hunting, plinking, and general .22 use. I have on on my .22 WMR and have plans on swapping it out due to the fact that they are not very good in low light at a distance. Overall I think this is a great little scope for 22LR.

Mike
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

HaMeR

I have a couple 4X on rimfires & like them really well also.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Rich

All of my center fire rifles wear Nikon scopes now. The Buckmasters models are plenty good for hunting, but don't seem as clear as the Monarch models when looking at small targets down range. My 68 year old eyes just don't focus as well as they once did.
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

shaddragger

I have 2 3X9X40 Prostaffs, a 3X9X50 Buckmaster, and a 3.5X10X50 Monarch UCC. The only bad thing I can say about any of them is the eye relief on the Monarch is longer, allowing some light between the scope and my eye in low light. The clarity on all of them is second to none in their price range!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

bigben

just picked up a prostaff in 3-9X40 with the bdc ret in it for on the .223.  this is my first scope purchase over 100 dollars.  it looks better then anything I have bought so far.  but that isn't saying much comparing it to tasco and simmons.  we'll see how it does this season.  I am pretty ruff on equipment and I wasn't happy with the tasco that was on it.  seemed the poi was moving.  I haven't noticed it with this scope.  cant wait till next summer to put the bdc ret to use on hogs. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.