• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

1st Bow season winding down

Started by WldWldWest, October 26, 2011, 10:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WldWldWest

Were just a few days away from the end of our first Bow season, If Im lucky I may get to slip out 1 more evening before it ends. Its been a decent season for me, 1 turkey which was the first one I've ever killed with a bow and 2 deer both killed a couple minutes apart about 2 weeks ago. I did shoot a coyote the same morning I killed the turkey but I put a bad hit on him I guess since I didnt find him but the landowner called me a week later and asked if I shot one and didnt find him as he saw one witha pretty good limp crossing the pasture a couple times since then. Now that he's in slow gear I'll get him when rifle season opens! BTW that was the second coyote in my long hunting career that I managed to get drawn on and get off a shot. Not big on wounding critters no matter what it is! That kinda hurts my feelings a bit!

Seems to be a lot of deer this year as Ive seen 31 from the stand so far, I'm looking forward to some cold weather bowhunting maybe the Biguns will start moving a lil!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

coyote101

Congrats on your bow season so far Doug.  :congrats: :congrats: I hope your success continues.

Quote from: WldWldWest on October 26, 2011, 10:40:07 AM
Not big on wounding critters no matter what it is! That kinda hurts my feelings a bit!

I know exactly what you mean. I hate to loss a wounded animal.  :sad:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Sounds like a great season.  Do you always get doubles when you go out   :laf:
Our rut in PA is just getting hot and the time to get a bigun is the next 4 to 5 days (at least IMHO).

WldWldWest

Quote from: Dave on October 26, 2011, 02:17:46 PM
Sounds like a great season.  Do you always get doubles when you go out   :laf:
Our rut in PA is just getting hot and the time to get a bigun is the next 4 to 5 days (at least IMHO).

Lol! Not always but I have doubled on several occasions with a bow and its nice when it happens!

Our rut usually kicks in around thanksgiving give or take a week or so.

Good luck Dave!
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

weedwalker

I've been a couple times. Only saw a few small scrub bucks and a few does. Haven't shot at anything yet. I need to put 1 or 2 in the freezer.

FinsnFur

Yeah thats a good season so far.
Show me some pics of you standing over a nice 10 pointer this year. Something in the range of a 28 inch spread.  :eyebrow:

I'm contemplating picking up a tag and filling a shelf in the freezer.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com