• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Should we invite women to our antler party?

Started by Okanagan, February 15, 2024, 12:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

For the past ten years or so, the male hunters in our family, including some cousins, have gotten together each winter to swap stories of the hunting seasons just finished.  We order pizza or cook good fixins, bring antlers and such and hold it in somebody's garage.  One of the cousins is an official Boone and Crockett scorer and we measure the big ones. 

This year, two of my grandsons have gotten married to young pretty women who hunt, each of whom got a nice buck this recent Fall, plus another grandson's fiance killed a nice buck.

Should we let these girls into our upcoming antler party? :shrug:  :biggrin:

Todd Rahm

I see this two ways!! That might be a door you don't want crack, for the integrity of the all male event.  :alscalls:

The atmosphere and and conversations will definitely change

Or

Bite the bullet, and allow only those women that actually hunt. Hate to discourage a young lady that wants to put meat in the freezer.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

I think I have you covered - have two events. One with the girls and one without. Everyone is happy and you get to have two parties rather than one.

nastygunz

Go deep cover with the antler party so the girls don't even know about it :eyebrow:

Okanagan

The word I'm getting back from the men is that we should invite the girls.  After all, they hunted, usually with their man along and further, they each killed at least one big game animal, which is more than I did this year. :laf:   We should have invited at least one of the girls a couple of years ago.  I mixed up which girl got what but three young women got three nice bucks.

We will have two record book animals at the party, both of them huge blacktail bucks killed here locally by our twin cousins.  One of them scores 22 points\inches higher than the minimum to make Boone and Crockett.  That's a BIG blacktail.  His brother's buck is even bigger but is missing a tine on one side so does not score as high.  IMO Boone and Crockett scoring is so stupidly unnatural that it is silly.

Another family member has a surgery about the same time that I will have a heart valve replaced, so we probably won't hold the party till late March.