• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The fall season begins.

Started by coyote101, October 19, 2019, 12:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

The farmer took the beans out this week and I was finally able to get to the turkey blind. No luck yesterday, but this morning I was able to convince a flock of about a dozen hens to check out my decoys. This little gal got the short straw:

About twenty yards back to the blind.

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

"The Turkey magnet" is back at it.  LOL!  Way to go Pat. 

Dave

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I went out today didn't see a damn thing  :argh:

Okanagan

Turkeynator!  Pat, you are really good at the hunting and when it come to shooting.

pitw

I'm betting there is a list somewhere that turkeys keep and Pat is on the "naughty" side of the ledger. 

Good job. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

nastygunz

I just noticed it was a crossbow and not a shotgun  :doh2:

riverboss

Pat's a turkey killing machine!

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather

Nice looking bird and will be good once it is out of the oven.  Since you gave up the shotgun to give them a chance and now keep dropping them with the crossbow I think you should consider a slingshot next.

JohnP

Congratulation Pat.  Have you kept score over the years as to how many, weapon, time of day, etc.?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on October 20, 2019, 02:20:06 PM
Have you kept score over the years as to how many, weapon, time of day, etc.?

John,

I believe I have taken thirty-nine since December 2010. Two with an Encore 12ga., five with an Encore .410 handgun, twelve with the crossbow, and twenty with a Mossberg 12ga. A few were taken in the late afternoon or evening, but the vast majority were taken in the morning, usually within a couple hours of sunrise. All but one were taken on the same farm.

I am still allowed three more this fall season, if I can make it happen.  :biggrin:

Pat 
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Hawks Feather

slagmaker

Sling shot, blow gun or an atlatl.

I bet Pat could pull it off
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

nastygunz

Im confident I could stick one with my cold steel blowgun,  but the state says no 😡😡

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 20, 2019, 09:16:05 PM
Quote from: nastygunz on October 20, 2019, 12:00:21 PM
Blowgun!

That will be interesting!

nastygunz

Holey Moley, we r only allowed 2 for a year.

Quote from: coyote101 on October 20, 2019, 07:40:43 PM
Quote from: JohnP on October 20, 2019, 02:20:06 PM
Have you kept score over the years as to how many, weapon, time of day, etc.?

John,

I believe I have taken thirty-nine since December 2010. Two with an Encore 12ga., five with an Encore .410 handgun, twelve with the crossbow, and twenty with a Mossberg 12ga. A few were taken in the late afternoon or evening, but the vast majority were taken in the morning, usually within a couple hours of sunrise. All but one were taken on the same farm.

I am still allowed three more this fall season, if I can make it happen.  :biggrin:

Pat

coyote101

No slingshots, blowguns, or atlatls allowed for turkey here. We are limited to breech or muzzle loading shotguns between 10 gauge and .410, and archery equipment. Slingshots are allowed for small game.

Pat
NRA Life Member

coyote101

Quote from: nastygunz on October 21, 2019, 02:44:13 AM
Holey Moley, we r only allowed 2 for a year.

We are allowed a total of six each year. Two gobblers in the spring and one gobbler and three hens, or four hens in the fall. A very liberal limit which I try to take advantage of.  :biggrin:

Pat

NRA Life Member