• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

If there were a modern day Jeramiah Johnson.....

Started by FOsteology, January 28, 2011, 07:22:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

WldWldWest

The MODERN day Jeramiah would just take the batteries out of his battery operated socks and put in his equipment if they ran low :shrug:
"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Tikaani

Thanks Pat, just had to drag me into this didn't you :eyebrownod:  But if you must know, dealing with big animals as Jeramiah had to, big bears, moose, buffalo, when they are riled you usually get one maybe two shots, better make it count.  His choice today would be a 300 or 338 WinMag rifle maybe even a 375 with a 44 magnum sidearm, but like I said that is just my opinion.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FOsteology

Quote from: WldWldWest on January 28, 2011, 08:09:37 PM
The MODERN day Jeramiah would just take the batteries out of his battery operated socks and put in his equipment if they ran low :shrug:

Battery operated socks for perpetual warm feet...... {L}, that's some gear I can wholeheartedly get behind!   :highclap:

securpro

WWW you are obviously a fan of the .45 and so am I, but the fact of the matter is a 9mm is just as effective as the .45 and the final results are nearly identicle. Here is an article that many of you .45 guys might find interesting.
http://joebarrett.wordpress.com/2010/07/05/9mm-versus-45-cal-you-be-the-judge-but-think-about-it-first/

And as for the cold (dont) keep your gun oiled if you want it to work in subzero temps,I have a friend that found out the hard way hunting with his M1 Garand :rolleye:
"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

securpro

WldWldWest

[/quotefact of the matter is a 9mm is just as effective as the .45 and the final results are nearly identicle. ]

That battle has gone on for a while hasnt it? I cant argue the the point that people that are alot sharper than me have made but I can go from personal experience that a 230gr bullet that penetrates "10-12" and stops does much more damage than a 115-130gr bullet that penetrates completely. For home defence a 9mm is much more apt to penetrate your average walls than a 45 is.

As for a real mans rifle.....Ya dont oil an M1 Garand, You grease it! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

pitw

Wouldn't it depend on who had died for him to find for what kind of gun he would carry :confused:
I say what I think not think what I say.

iahntr

Scott