• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

What Did You Do To Celebrate MLK Day?

Started by FOsteology, January 20, 2014, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

Me.... I worked so those that felt they deserve the day could celebrate.

FinsnFur

:alscalls:  I was gonna say I went to work like the rest of us Honkys :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

FOsteology

My brother text me saying that he celebrated by sitting out on the front porch all day, doing nothing... he fell asleep and had a dream.  :alscalls:

He said he ate Church's fried chicken and washed it down with koolaid for supper.  :doh2:

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

FOsteology

My Mom went to the outlet malls. Obviously to buy some new sheets for my brother....

nastygunz

I stayed home, got paid, and watched the Gilligans Island marathon on TV land!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

HaMeR

Prayed for more James Earl Ray's to be born.  :innocentwhistle: :innocentwhistle:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

bambam

JohnP

We had a meal of fried chicken, collared greens, Thunderbird wine and watermelon.  Then we went into  town and robbed some crackers.  All things considered we had a good time
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

FOsteology

What a racist and bigoted country we live in. Can't even celebrated being American today without leaving race out of it.

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

FinsnFur

Quote from: FOsteology on January 22, 2014, 07:57:50 PM
What a racist and bigoted country we live in. Can't even celebrated being American today without leaving race out of it.

:alscalls: nope...now how do ya, I say how do ya wonder we got that way?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Okanagan

It wasn't a holiday in Canada but my grandkids were free in the States so I spent the day hunting cats on the Olympic Peninsula with one son and four grandsons.  When we stopped to pick up three of the boys, their mother teased them that they needed to tell her 10 things about MLK before they could go.  They came up with five or six.  The oldest started by saying that Martin Luther King was a black man.  "That doesn’t count,” his mother objected.  I thought that such a basic was a good starting point.  In the crew cab we talked over enough factoids to give them at least ten by the time they got home.

Excellent weather for people, clear sunny day of high pressure.  Lousy day for calling anything.  We split up and did simultaneous calling stands a mile or so apart several times but only had a couple of probable bobcats check us out without coming into view.  Traces of snow on north sides above 3000 feet, warm temps felt like spring and the brush on south faces is budding. 

By late afternoon three of the boys and I took a break to build a fire and eat while the youngest did one more lion stand with his uncle.  The boys had a contest to see who could start a fire fastest with flint and steel, using stuff they carry or could find.  They all started fires and one had a good flame of sticks going within 90 seconds.  Cooked wieners on sticks. 

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Carolina Coyote

We had a meal of fried chicken, collared greens, Thunderbird wine and watermelon.  Then we went into  town and robbed some crackers.  All things considered we had a good time

What no chittlings or Hog Feet Mr John??  :alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls: cc

Dave

Quote from: Okanagan on January 22, 2014, 11:30:16 PM
  The boys had a contest to see who could start a fire fastest with flint and steel, using stuff they carry or could find.  They all started fires and one had a good flame of sticks going within 90 seconds.
Who won? 
My money's on Cody, even if he wasn't there!   :laf:

Okanagan

Quote from: Dave on January 23, 2014, 09:27:19 AM
Quote from: Okanagan on January 22, 2014, 11:30:16 PM
  The boys had a contest to see who could start a fire fastest with flint and steel, using stuff they carry or could find.  They all started fires and one had a good flame of sticks going within 90 seconds.
Who won? 
My money's on Cody, even if he wasn't there!   :laf:

:biggrin:

Cody sat out this one so his three younger brothers could go. 

I was impressed that they all carried and used the firestarters I made and gave to all of the outdoorspeople in the family.   It is fatwood sawdust/shavings stuck together with a paraffin/vaseline mix and packed into a mini-cupcake paper.  On top goes a cotton ball impregnated with vaseline/paraffin.  Wrap with cellophane and mash into a unit the size of a mini Mars bar.  Tease out some fine fibers from the cotton and they light quickly and easily with a spark from flint and steel.  They burn for 3-5 minutes.

Good day all around!

JohnP

Quote from: Carolina Coyote on January 23, 2014, 06:12:47 AM

What no chittlings or Hog Feet Mr John??  :alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls: cc

Carl, I save the chittlings and pigs feet for all my muslim friends.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

I worked took a nap and had a dream

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk