Started by AWMiller, March 03, 2011, 10:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AWMiller

Ingredients:
* salmon
* cayenne pepper
* smoked seasoning
* fresh cracked black pepper

Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Coat salmon first with smoked seasoning, then cayenne pepper, and finally with fresh cracked black pepper.

In a skillet, heat up olive oil and place fish in hot oil and cook until nice and crispy on each side. Serve and enjoy!

FinsnFur

Whewwwww :whew: I'm glad your copyrighting those pics, I almost ate the top one :eyebrow:
That looks so delicious.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

AW, you make me hungry.  I have a LOT of prime sockeye fillets in the freezer from last Aug and Sept.  I do several variants of your crusted salmon and will try your version.  I tend to like black pepper better than the taste of cayenne and keep trying different combos of spices on such crusted salmon.  I may even try your tilipia (sp) mix on salmon.

So far, I haven't been able to make the salmon turn out bad, though that is not my intent.  It works well with a lot of flavours.  I like to work in Kraft Greek salad dressing sometimes, and Newman's Caesar.

It is a shame to freeze such wonderful salmon but we do what we have to.  Freezing even for a minute degrades the taste and texture.

Keep cooking, man, and showing us the results!

I had venison sirloin with eggs over easy on buckwheat pancakes for breakfast.  Love the taste of buckwheat pancakes.  Some home made semi-tart apricot jam on the last pancake, not too sweet.