• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mid day success...

Started by centerfire_223, October 29, 2010, 04:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

I went out night hunting for the first time since the laws were changed here this year. Well it didn't turn out exactly like I had hoped. The first stand 5 minutes into it, it started raining and I do mean raining, more like monsooning. When we finally made it back to the truck, soaked to the bone, I reached into my pocket for the keys and they were gone!!!! Lost in this huge pasture at night, so you can just imagine how pissed I was.

Anyway back to the story, I worked today till noon then took off to try and find my keys. So I thought that since I was over there I should go ahead and make a stand or two. I walked into the edge of the woods and set up in a place where I have called in several coyotes before. This particular stand is about 400 yards from a school. I could hear kids out on the play ground, like they were sitting beside me.

I took out the Crack Pipe II and gave a short rendition of the rabbit blues. After about a minute I see a coyote coming, a black one. It stops about 60 yards out, so I gave it a little lip squeak and here it comes. When it stops again it is standing at 10 feet away. With a sonic boom the shotgun sounds off, I coyote down. I pull out a open reed call and start doing some kiyi's and here comes another one in. It stops at about 40 yards, one shot left, the .223 and another coyote is spinning round and round. A little more kiyi's and here comes another black coyote. So I done one of those quick reloads and put a round into another coyote. This one I didn't find. But what a exciting 5 minutes.

Still no keys, but I may have to go back tomorrow and look again.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bills Custom Calls

Well yeah  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: it is a good thing you waited till today to hunt that spot

Congrats on the successful stand and thanks for sharing

Hope ya find your keys
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

bambam

slagmaker

Good job on putting fur on the ground.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

CCP

Good job Ronnie and glad to see you back out there.. :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

Bopeye

Goodness gracious!! That is awesome man!! I am really happy for you.  :congrats: :highclap: :yoyo:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

Dave

Nice work. 
Good luck with those keys

Hawks Feather

Sounds like a REALLY exciting 5 minutes.  Good luck finding the keys. 

Jerry

KySongDog

Nice story and pic, Ronnie.   :congrats:

And I hope you find those keys.   :wink:

HaMeR

Heck that's all I've shot since I started!! It only took you 5 minutes to get a crack at 3!! Cool deal & way to go!! Congratulations for sure!!  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Jeb

Congrats Ronnie, you never cease to amaze me bud !!! From the looks of it you dont need to do any night hunting.   :congrats: :congrats:
                                      Jeb

FinsnFur

Daaaaaaaaaaaang Ronnie. Way to put it all together :congrats:
That does suck about the keys, are you going to keep trying to find them or what?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

Quadruple WOW. :bowingsmilie:  Good hunting for keys right there. :yoyo:  Best of luck on finding the keys cause that do suck :puke:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

kyfuzzyface

Congrats on the Kills
Heck with finding the keys just keep going back looking for them and sneak in a call while you are there  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Fuzzy

coyote101

Dang it Ronnie. I was already sorry that I wasn't able to take you up on your invitation to go hunting yesterday. :sad: :sad: Now I'm really sorry.  :sad2: :sad2: Looks like you had a great afternoon. Next time I'm in Seneca I'm going to get free no matter what else is going on.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

centerfire_223

Pat I hate you couldn't make it the other day too. Cause that is where I would have taken you. That farm is right on the edge of the city limits of Seneca. But don't worry there are plenty more coyotes on there, so come on down.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

That's an opportunity too good to pass up, Pat.    ;yes;

You might even find Ronnie's keys too.   :eyebrownod:

lacie23

good job !!!  I've never seen  a black coyote before.

centerfire_223

Quote from: Semp on October 31, 2010, 01:20:41 PM
That's an opportunity too good to pass up, Pat.    ;yes;

You might even find Ronnie's keys too.   :eyebrownod:

Listen to Semp, I need my keys!!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FOsteology

Very nice! I've never seen a black coyote in the wild.