• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

TICKS !

Started by Silencer, March 14, 2010, 10:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmie in Ky

I generally don't see them until it warms up a tad here. But when I do see 'em its mostly too late. I ma digging one or two out of my person.

As for which is worse, it's a toss up. I get more chiggers at one time but it seems to me the tick bites itch for days rather than just one or two days for hte chiggers. You don't feel chiggers , but you do ticks, and I have the creepy crawlies all dang day long whether I see another or not.  Crap, just thinking about it has gone to work on me    :shock2: :sad3: Jimmie

GunDog

QuoteCrap, just thinking about it has gone to work on me      Jimmie

Jimmie I'm the same way here buddy. The first time I read this post I could feel them ticks crawling all over me too ...  :eyebrownod:

Jimmie in Ky

Always makes me think twice about turkey hunting I can tell you that. Snakes are no big deal. But looking down at my pants and seeing them moving while sitting perfectly still is a big nono. Jimmie

clynn

Any of the sprays that contain Permethrin will keep the ticks off There are several different brands, but these sprays are for clothing only they will turn your skin all red and irritate it.  Permethrin is the ingredient that repels and kills ticks in all the better sprays like sawyers and cutter.  Just make sure it has Permethrin, it is much better that deet and one application lasts for weeks, and most are unscented.  Day before I will be hunting in warmer months I will hang all my gear, clothes, hats, and boots up spray the crap out of everything.  I have had good luck this way.  Semps pic of the small tick lower left on the quarter is what we call seed ticks here, at LBL these are a big problem if you get one you will get hundreds.  In the spring the turkeys are covered in them for they stay lower to the ground in the tall grasses and bushes, packing a turkey out becomes a challenge.

Bills Custom Calls

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

cathryn

my son was infested once with chiggers fishin at my great garandads old place.

he felt them in a bad way cause they ended up in his groin area. they irched him like crazy and welted up.

yuck,lol.