• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

FREE For A FnF Kid

Started by FOsteology, December 06, 2013, 06:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FOsteology

I have a Bushnell Trophy Red Dot Sight 1x 4-Pattern Reticle (3 MOA Dot, 10 MOA Dot, Crosshair, and Circle with 3 MOA Dot) that I will give to some lucky kid hunter. I'll even cover shipping. It has been used (once) but is in like new shape. I have no use/need for it.

Here's the deal.

Post hunting pictures of yourself (FnF parents/relatives can post for the kids) here with any game animal that you have taken within the past year. I will randomly select one lucky boy or girl Monday night (after 7pm Central time). Good luck to all.

possumal

That's a really nice thing to do, Fos.   :congrats: :congrats:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: slagmaker on December 06, 2013, 08:56:06 PM
Santa Fos?

Yea, I think Fos is getting in the Christmas spirit.  Great thing to do.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

lacie23

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been on in a while. I have been really busy with school and volleyball . My Daddy and I did not have a good start to the deer season this year. Monday was really cold and we thought the cold weather would get the bucks moving , but we only saw 2 does all day.  Tuesday was rainy and windy and we only saw 1 doe. Wednesday I  spent the day with my cousin and didn't hunt.
  Thursday we went back out and saw 37 deer but they were all does and button bucks. On Friday daddy didn't feel like going early but I woke up early and decided to go out alone. I wasn't alone though, because my cat followed me into the woods !!  I saw 3 little deer but didn't shoot because I think they were all fawns. I got cold and decided to walk over to another ridge. I looked down and saw a big doe ! I got down and belly-crawled up to a tree and got a good rest, but just then I saw another deer. A buck !!  I shot the buck and he ran about 20 yards and fell over !!!  I couldn't believe I finally got my buck ! And it was the first deer I ever shot by myself. I looked and the doe was still standing there. She looked at the buck like, " What happened to you ? "
  This is the first year we can shoot a buck and a doe in the same day. So I got a good rest and shot, and she ran about 20 yards the other way and fell over !

2 deer in 5 minutes !!  I tried dragging them but it was just too much for me to do alone. The cat wasn't much help. HAHA. I went home and told Daddy, " I need help dragging ! " He was so happy for me. We went back and got my deer spent the rest of the day skinning them and taking care of the meat.

THanks for listening to my story. Thank you very much FOsteology for having this contest !!  Merry Christmas everyone !! 

FOsteology

That's fantastic! Congrats young lady on a superb stalk and taking both a buck and doe within a couple minutes of each other. All on your own. Your dad taught you well!

And a cat that will follow you hunting? How cool is that!

Okanagan

Yes, great story and photo, Lacie.  That's some fine hunting and shooting, and two deer like that is something not many hunters have done, even where multiple tags are available.   I always enjoy your posts, so stick around a bit and let us know what you are up to.  We can tell from the pic that you are blossoming (trying to not say that you are growing up!  :laf:  )

Fos, this is a fine thing you are doing.

My grandson, Cody, uses the binoculars he got from you on every hunt.  He took some photos of mule deer bucks through the binos on our recent trip.  Hope he posts one.

KySongDog

Nice going Lacie!  Great story!   :congrats:

FOsteology

Found a set of Weaver rings that I'll include as well.

Okanagan

Don't know if this is the best place but here is a photo Code took through the binoculars he got from your drawing, Fos.

FOsteology

Picture through the binox turned out better than I would have thought. Judging by the fat neck and double chins, that deer is a pig!

FinsnFur

Nice job Lacie :congrats:
I dont think I know any girls that get up before their Dad and go deer hunting by themselves.  :highclap: .....and then to bag two Deer before Dad gets up and realizes your gone...WTH? :laf: You go girl!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Way to go, Lacie - love the story!
You just needed to get rid of the deadwood to be successful!  :biggrin:

lacie23

bambam

These contests are a great thing you are doing FOs.  :yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

FOsteology

Just a few hours remaining. Still enough time to get in your entry!

code

Here is my entry....

Thanks for doing this fos.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FOsteology

I want to thank everyone for participating.

Unfortunately, I can only choose one. And the fairest way for everyone involved was to write each entrants name on a slip of paper, place it in a hat, mix it up, and have my daughter draw.

And the winner is:

lacie23

Lacie, either you or your Dad please send me a PM with your mailing information, and I'll get the red dot out to you this week.

Thanks again everyone!

code

"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset