• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Got cold?

Started by Hawks Feather, January 04, 2014, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

Hey Jim,

Just wondering if you are still running around without your shirt on or if you have finally starting wearing a T-shirt now that the temps are dropping.

We are getting a variety of forecasts here.  Originally snow starting tonight and 8-10 inches of snow by tomorrow night.  Then it changed to 10-14 inches of snow.  But at least it won't melt since it is still below freezing.  High Tuesday is to be -4 and for the people here that is bad.  There was a run on the grocery stores today and all the bread, milk, etc. is gone.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Well, my shirts off while I set here and scan the board. :laf: But it's 14 degrees here right now.
Were in a bit of trouble come tomorrow night though. Schools have been canceled statewide in Minnesota and Wisconsin for Monday...and actually both states declared that on Friday.
They are calling for a high...yah a HIGH of -25 below tomorrow night. Wow.
My fuel oil furnace is in the basement, which is nothing more then a crawlspace, and since I'm burning wood now for the second year, and that furnace dont run anymore...you can guess what I go going on.  :doh2:
Spent most of my morning crawling on my belly under the house wrapping pipes with heat tape today. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

If it gets any colder im gunna start wearing shoes!

Woodsville, Haverhill, NH
Sat, 5 AM, Clear
-30°
Precip: 0%
Humidity: 75%
Wind: 0 km/h

HaMeR

:rolleye:  I don't know how you do it up there nasty!! I mean those humidity levels gotta be killin ya man!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

Just got a foot of humidity!

possumal

They say we are going down below zero by tomorrow night, but the predicted wind will be the killer at 15 to 20 mph.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

HaMeR

A whole foot of humidity??!! DAYUM SON!!!!!!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

nastygunz

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

bigben

Pa isnt experiencing near as cold as you guys but this is a first for me. I have never seen the local creek freeze over. Till today.

"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

MI VHNTR

All of the schools here are already closed on Monday due to the cold. Wind chill index is supposed to drop to -35 to -50.  It is currently -10 here. Put another log on the fire...
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

KySongDog

It's colder than a well digger's ass on my side of Kaintukee.   Right now it's -1.  Supposed to warm up to 0 later.    :whew:

I bet the poor 'ol coyotes are having a hard time in this weather.

coyote101

2 degrees here this morning. Not the temps you guys up north are getting, but it's cold for my part of Kentucky. :sad3:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dale

and people ask me when I'm moving back up north... hah... was 62° when I woke up this morning...   :sneer:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

JohnP

Your warmer than we are Dale, was 60 when I got out of bed.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Dale

I hear ya there, but it's supposed to drop into the teens here tonight and a high of 27° tomorrow... BUT it'll be back up into the low 60's till this weekend...  :iroll:
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

Hawks Feather

Well we have made it up to -8 degrees.  Forecast is for a high of -5 around 2:00 p.m.  But there is this little thing called blowing wind that is causing some problems.  It is holding pretty steady around 18 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.  That too is to go up this afternoon.  Currently all of northwest Ohio is on a level 3 emergency which means that you drive without a really good reason and you are going to be ticketed.

I put on several layers with the insulated Carharts on top and ran the snowblower around the neighborhood.  (Note to self, next time use full face mask and not partial face mask.)

Jerry  aka Red windburned face

FinsnFur

We had a heat wave too.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MI VHNTR

A high of -6 here today. Wind chill in some places below -50.  Hey al gore, I've got a thermometer that I'd like to shove somewhere. Glo-BULL warming.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

slagmaker

Made it all the way up to -4. Got a low tonight of -15.

Went out this morning to feed the wood burner and didnt dress heavy enough for it. Took less than five minutes and i had a chill set in that i still cant shake
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.