• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

June 1, 2014...It becomes official

Started by Coulter, May 29, 2014, 06:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Well guys, North Bay Game Calls will be opening a new chapter in a few days. I have sold portions of the company to two investors, one in PA and the other in Ohio. I am still the major holder of the company though, I won't give that up. We're also bringing aboard up to 6 more guys to help with the everyday operations, sales, testing, shows, etc. I will still be doing all of the callmaking myself. The only shop help will be cutting blanks and/or drilling, as well as clean up etc. Quality control will remain paramount and we will most certainly be sticking to my original game plan with traditions kept close. Only we will be doing more shows and possibly looking at getting into some small Ma & Pa type sporting goods stores, locally for starters. So this is why my visits here have been so sporadic...I've been REALLY busy getting this all squared away.

There will be new calls coming out soon as well. (Todd, you already have them paid for. They'll be part of the Conservation sets). I have a few orders to finish up as well before we get started into the big plans. Everything will still be made one at a time on my lathe. There will absolutely be no CNC machines in my shop. I made that perfectly clear with the other investors. Yes, we'll be putting out more calls per year...no we will NOT be "mass production" in any way. No duplicators, no fancy stuff...we will be putting out the same styles of calls as I always have.

So here's what I ask of you guys...If any of you ever see the company straying from the course it has always been on, please shoot me an e-mail, or PM or call me. I don't want the North Bay vision to become clouded at any point and lose touch with what matters the most - the customers. Honestly if it weren't for a lot of you guys on this forum, I would not be where I am today - I thank you all for that! Your support has been immensely appreciated. I've made some great friends on here (yes even you Glen and James), and had the privilege to hunt with some of them as well. I'm hoping paths will cross with more of you in the future out in the fields chasing coyotes, or other critters.

So with that being said, if anybody has any questions feel free to ask away on this thread or just shoot me a PM or e-mail.

Thanks again everybody,
Steve

coyote101

Congratulations Steve. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

Good for you Steve,  I wish you all the best in your new venture.  You can count on me for a few more calls - just not ducks or turkey. :wink:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Congratulations!   :highclap:   It is always great to see a small business expanding.  It is even better when you know the CEO of that business.

Jerry

possumal

I wish you the best in your new venture, Steve.  :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Dale

when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...

riverboss

Dange Steve good for you! I know you will do well i can see the tv series now custom call Dynesty. Just make sure when you hit the big time you remember us here.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

FinsnFur

Wonderful :congrats: and we do wish ya the best of luck. Nice work.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

That's Awesome Steve!!!!! I wish the best of luck in your new adventure!!!!  :congrats:

Coulter

Thanks everybody...I just hope I don't let the two investors down and all of the guys we have coming to help out. This suddenly became a job :doh2:

There won't be any ridiculously stupid shows coming from North Bay Game Calls, sorry Dan. I most certainly won't forget about you guys here. Hopefully with the help coming I'll be able to get on here a little more often to harass you guys.

This is the only forum I actually announced this on at this point...see how much I care about you guys - you're numero uno!

Steve

Okanagan

Rootin for you and wishing you the best.  That's a plumb serious undertaking but it sounds like you have both eyes open and know what you're about.  Good for you. 

HaMeR

:yoyo: :yoyo:   Purdy dang cool Steve!! Sounds like more wood runs!!  :biggrin: :biggrin:  I wouldn't mind getting over there on a little warmer day for a change!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:

And Lodi is still open for us. Whenever you get the time!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

vvarmitr

Wood runs, wood runs, wood runs! I can see it now. :laf:
This is so cool. I'm happy & excited for you!   :highclap:

Can I get any commission for any accounts I set up?   :eyebrow:

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Hawks Feather

Well, June 1 is here so it must be official.  Way to go.

Jerry

P.S.  obama is trying to contact you now that you are a CEO to let you know that you need to contribute more so that he can get more sick birds (ill eagles) into the US.

JohnP

Quote from: Hawks Feather on June 01, 2014, 02:10:58 PM
Well, June 1 is here so it must be official.  Way to go.

Jerry

P.S.  obama is trying to contact you now that you are a CEO to let you know that you need to contribute more so that he can get more sick birds (ill eagles) into the US.

Jerry - Why would we want more sick birds here? :eyebrownod:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

trappinjohn

Awesome news Steve.  Wish you the best.
We have a couple shops down my way that I'd love to see your calls hanging in.  Let me know if there is something I can do

John

Coulter

Thanks Okanogan...I was pretty apprehensive about this whole deal. I still am a little bit. But we have a really good core of guys that will make sure everything runs smoothly.

Glen...you should just set a date for hitting Lodi a couple months from now. If I have it planned it will happen. If we just wing it, it's never going to happen, let me know. And yes your hats are still good. The only difference may be the LLC that is going to be following in the very near future, but I'm not paying the embroiderer to have that added. That would require a whole new charge. That won't happen for quite a while, if it ever does.

Thanks Jerry...Obama, Uncle Sam...yeah, the biggest reasons I have been nervous about this whole thing. We'll have the accountant work all of that out.

James...wood runs, yep! Planning on a big one this weekend. We haven't reached the point of offering anybody commission for setting up accounts. That's what all of the guys we're bringing on board are for. Not to say that something like that will never happen though.

Thanks John...I appreciate it. There is that one shop just off of 80 that I have been eyeballing for years. Can't remember the intersection, but I'm sure you know which one it is. I'll get in touch with you when we're all set to hit the shops. Hopefully before hunting season opens up.

And we're off!! Thanks again everybody!
Steve

Dave

Wish you the best of luck, Coulter.  I'm sure it's both nerve racking and exciting all at the same time.

Coulter

Thanks Dave...you got that right, on both counts! This just became a J.O.B., Good thing I enjoy this one though. Once we get into a groove and the dust settles this is going to be fun!