• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2012 / 2013 season

Started by FinsnFur, October 07, 2012, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

2012 / 2013 trapping season is right around the corner. Probably already open for some, but I havent seen much talk or anticipation this year.

Not as many people out there running traps?
Has the drought changed peoples minds about running em this year?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Todd Rahm

topdawg

i have been two busy getting all my traps ready to go... i think I'm going to run a big trap line this year   Kentucky's season starts Nov. 12 i think

i will try to keep a daily catch log with pics going on here if i can
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

topdawg

so far i have around 200/ 110 conibear, 24/ 160 conibear,  24/ 220 conibear, around 4 dozen 330 conibear, and 56 colonly cages ready.  All i like is about 300 foot traps to Finnish up putting on stakes and i will be ready for trapping season. Also will be putting a skinning machine up in the fur shed for the coons and coyotes, and then ill be ready  :sleep:
my goal: do as much as I can, as fast as I can, for as long as I can, and at the end of the day if I'm not satisfied I will be to wore out to care

bambam

Our season starts in November. I'll be running a short line.

FinsnFur

Make sure you bring us some picks BamBam :eyebrow:

Jeremy what kind of skinning machine you puttin up?
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

topdawg

weedwalker

FinsnFur

That thing couldnt have been dead for 20 minutes the way the steam rolled off it. :laf:
That is a nice set up. My cousins run a butcher shop up here and thats the same way they do cattle and deer, except the hide hooks to hooks on the floor.
Your going to love it
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Coulter

I'll be out setting steel with every spare moment I have in a few weeks. Fur doesn't start getting prime here until Nov 1, that's when I really get aggressive. I'll trap PA and NY locally for the first few weeks, then I'm heading back to the Adirondacks to trap out of the wall tent again...can't wait to be back in the wilderness :biggrin:

I still have some trap prep to do, but I'll be ready to roll by the time the season opens. I have to finish paying for that fur coat I had made for the wife from last years catch. I'll post some pics of that when she finally gets it in a couple more weeks.

Steve

KySongDog

Quote from: topdawg on October 08, 2012, 11:56:24 AM
so far i have around 200/ 110 conibear, 24/ 160 conibear,  24/ 220 conibear, around 4 dozen 330 conibear, and 56 colonly cages ready.  All i like is about 300 foot traps to Finnish up putting on stakes and i will be ready for trapping season. Also will be putting a skinning machine up in the fur shed for the coons and coyotes, and then ill be ready  :sleep:

I don't know much about trapping but that looks like a lot of $ tied up in steel.   Is there a problem with tweakers stealing your stuff in your area?   Around here, anything that isn't nailed down walks. 

topdawg

around here I'm more worried about someone stilling fur than traps, but i still do everything i can to hide both

i set as many traps as possible and try to clean a area out of animals in a few days, then i put out of the area and go to another. It keeps people from patterning me and cleaning me out

nailbender

Those skinning setups are sweeet.  I've had mine for two yrs. now and I love it.